1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Having trouble choosing between 3 cards...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pcjabber, 21 Dec 2004.

1. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

2. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

Last edited: 22 Dec 2004
  3. pcjabber

pcjabber What's a Dremel?

My mom already ordered it this morning -- around 8 she banged on my door "Get out here if you want this card." So I stumbled out of bed, mostly asleep. Went into her office, and about blinded myself with the white light coming from the CRT :wallbash:, and clicked on the one I wanted, checked it over really quickly to be sure it was the right one, and said "this is it." She then ordered it, after confirming that I wanted to have it and that I would pay her back.

Anyway, I've bought from the e-tailer before, and they are good (never checked their resellerratings. I'll do that in a minute). The name is ZipZoomFly (formerly GoogleGear, but that caused confusion with the search engine). The URL to the product is http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=321018

Here's the ResellerRatings page for it:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1991.html

4. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

you could have saved $15 from the sites i gave you, but whatever.

5. LordFeaR

LordFeaR What's a Dremel?

Hope the card works out! :)

6. pcjabber

Me too =)..

I ran into a problem, that ZZF should resolve tomorrow... I called them this afternoon to check on the order status (yes, you can do it online, but my mom told me not to look at the online page because she had ordered some other stuff from them for me ;-)).

The rep told me that it was packed and ready to go. It would ship by 7:30PST tonight, and I would have a tracking # in my inbox (that's 10:30EST). My mom confirmed, it was packed (when she looked at the online O.S. page)

So I eagerly waited for the tracking #. It never came. Instead, an email came that told me the item was on back-order and would be shipped 12/23. Bulls--t... The item was packed this morning... To confirm, I looked at the product page on their website. The site displayed a little green check and said "IN STOCK".

So I called their California offices (which were closed by this time -- the email was sent at 9PM EST (6 PST). They close at 5:30PST. Just my luck... So I leave a voicemail message.

Meanwhile, I head over to FedEx's site and hit "Track by Reference". Being that I've bought from ZZF before, I knew that their ref # was the order #. So I punched in the order # and I got:
    This tracking page

WTF?!?! "package not in FedEx possession"?. :eeek: So I called FedEx (they are really nice, and their automated system is one that I don't want to annihilate (sp?) -- it's powered by Tellme. For a demo of Tellme, in the US, call 1-800-555-TELL or 1-800-Go-FedEx.)

They told me that the package data was transferred, but the physical package was not handed over to the carrier. :waah: :duh: <sarcasm> Great. </sarcasm>

The rep told me for it to make it in time for Christmas, the shipper would have to ship it 23 Dec 04 (tomorrow), and ship it Priority Overnight. Ouch. They paid $24.53 (according to FedEx) for the 2-Day Air'ed 4-lb GFX card from California to North Carolina. But will they pay $49.22 ( :jawdrop: ) to make it right (with Priority Overnight) and get it here in time for Christmas? I hope so. :sigh:

I'll call ZZF and pester them some more in the morning, and ask "WTF is going on?" (well, in a nicer manner...:D) Hopefully they'll make it right and ship it tomorrow with Pri. Overnight. If not, I'll have it Monday, so its not a _total_ loss, but it _is_ their fault for not getting it on the FedEx truck...:wallbash:

7. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

lol, make them pay for shipping, and fix their mistake. If not, sue lol.

8. pcjabber

First, WOW! You got through my narrative :jawdrop: :D
    Lots of reading, eh?

I am going to try to make them FedEx it Overnight. It's 2x the cost, but it is their fault for telling me the item was packed, then not shipping it.

I just called them. I hate voicemail. IMO, I think being on hold is better. Just leave me on hold. That way, I know I'll get a rep eventually. I've had instances where companies haven't called me back. So I am gonna keep trying them... From my cell phone, it's practically free (if I am not on Cingular -- I have to stay on SunCom to avoid $0.70/minute roaming fees until we switch to the new SunCom plan that allows you to go anywhere in your calling area, on anyone's network without roaming =) Mom promises to switch it over after Christmas. :thumb: )

Anyway, I'll post back how it goes =)

9. pcjabber

Well, apparantly, they didn't have any of that item in stock until this morning. It will ship today (and if it doesn't, I'm gonna be :wallbash: and very :grr: at them), and will be here by Monday. They said it would only be $32 and some change to upgrade it to overnight. Ha! yeah, right. I'll wait until Monday. FedEx estimates that's when it'll be here.

I asked if he would upgrade it to overnight since it was their misinformation that screwed up the order, and he basically told me that "the item went to a 'Packed' status because the item was going to be here [in stock] today, so we would ship it out today. Did you want to upgrade to Overnight for $32.xx?".

So that's done. Oh well, it'll be here by Monday. If it's not, I'm gonna be very :grr: and :waah:.

BTW, just my luck, NewEgg now has more of these in stock. Looks like 23 Dec 04 was when some major California-based vendors got these products...ZZF was cheaper though, and with free 2-Day. Oh well. Monday is actually going to be good for once ;-)

Tags: