1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Complicated setup?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chiggyman, 26 Dec 2004.

1. chiggyman

chiggyman Banned

I have a pc accessing the internet via a wireless router, i have set it up as to have static ip address, however now i want to get my xbox onto the network, but when i share the internet it doesnt work, i found bridging connections lets me sign onto live but then when i attempt to join a match, nothing works
    Many thanks, Jay

2. djtitan

djtitan What's a Dremel?

So if im interpreting this right, your pc is wirelessly connected to the WAP, then you are trying to connect your xbox over a wired connection though your PC's network card. Try setting both your router and your xbox to DHCP and then bridgeing the connections on your pc. Assuming everything goes right, the router should see the xbox, and give it a unique IP from the PC. The router should also continue to provide internet to your pc.

3. the harlequin

the harlequin What's a Dremel?

In my setup I have the wireless router set so that it assignes IP addresses dynamically (by DHCP), and the wireless card in my PC set accordingly. If you set the wireless link to allow other computers to share the connection, and set it so that the xbox gets it's IP dynamically (by DHCP) it *should* work.

I was in a similar situation to you, except replace the xbox with a linux box.
    [​IMG]
    (ignore the IP addys, they were when I had it all set to static, and that didn't work...)

Tags: