1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Ooowww!!! Thats Hot!! (with pics)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Sea Shadow, 11 Oct 2004.

1. madmodder

madmodder What's a Dremel?

L33TN355!!! :D

Lol. We have all done it...Still hurts as much the second time...and the third...and the forth...

2. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

Eh I think I've been desensitized to burns. Especially after that oh, I think it was probably 800-1000 degree F burn from grinding a steel bolt.

3. kergareth

kergareth What's a Dremel?

Was he drunk?

4. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

I dont know... Sounds like this guy's buddies are pretty loony. :worried:

5. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

mmmmm how fast was it going?

6. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

yeah, i was working on a TV that had a small crack in the PCB, big enough to cut some traces, but small enough that it was easily fixable. well, i was in a hurry by the end, and was soldering fast. burnt the tip of my finger, which wasnt that big of a deal, but i still had the TV laying around, just working on the PCB with the cover off. well, in reaction to the burn i jerked my hand back and hit my elbow against one of the caps. swear to god i couldnt feel my entire left arm for like a day.

i think we've all had our share of serious injury. then again, we're still here posting them and laughing at ourselves...least i am :hehe:. about a week after every time i bugger myself i laugh about it. but during that week i get really angry with myself. meh :blah:

7. Yerg2k

Yerg2k What's a Dremel?

You call that a solder burn? When I was about 12 I dropped a soldering iron, and to avoid burning clothes I burned hand. I clenched it around the base of the hot part, and ended up with a blister through the side of my hand, the size of a quarter. When I held my hand up to light, I could pretty much see through the blister, and the outline into my hand was the size of a dime cut in half.

Yeah, it stung for a few days. I still have a scar.

8. bwgames

bwgames Minimodder

I guess I should be lucky.
    Only had minor burns/cuts from soldering, not broken anything (yet..), only real accident was when I was ice-skating (I have the co-ordination of a drunk whatever ;o)), got cocky, and went flying onto ice, blood + bad cut on head, but I didn't black out for very long (if at all) *phew*

9. coder

coder What's a Dremel?

wilst modding for a friend once i was cutting some peices out of something (cant remember now :sigh: ) and the kinfe slipped & because stupid me had the knife facing towards me :wallbash: , it cut right trought my finger it was hanging on by like 1 thread :eyebrow: the blood was still pouring at least 1 hour later, however when the blood had stopped i just simply continued modding :naughty:

10. JesterQ

JesterQ What's a Dremel?

humm ..

Manager to cut the finger 'pad' (the bit with main part of your finger print on) off once - well you'd only do it once. While stripping cable ! luckly it knitted back on (looks a bit odd thou) and i now have a unquie finger print :D

11. torlok2002

torlok2002 What's a Dremel?

Thats funny! I have a unique fingerprint too!

But i didnt cut mine!

12. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

:eeek:

13. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

I burt my foot yesterday.. after I dropped my dremel on it.. so I had to do the hospital.. it still hurts, and I've got to go there several times now :/

14. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Depends what "normal" is ;)

15. meiv_4

meiv_4 What's a Dremel?

worst ive ever done is swing my wrist into a end mill, and it wasnt even running. one time i was climbing a tree and decided to hang off a dead branch. ended with me on the ground and a pencil sized hole in my head. got a couple stiches for that.

16. Yelrad

Yelrad What's a Dremel?

ive had expreinces with burns to not fun doesnt have to do with comps 2nd degree burn (grease fire) DAMN THAT hurt Right hand from tip of thumb to midle of index and the midle and pinky had 2 degree all up the arm 1st degree burn so am so ****ing luvky i was wareing a shirt!!!! How it happened bro cooking curly fires in vegetable oil went downstairs forgot about it dumbass im in my room and i go downstairs to the kitchen to get something see it smoking take it off right when i take it off it catches fire me i stuck it under take a guees the stupidest thing u could do yea thats right WATER and guesss what 5 feet away was a fire extingusher dunno if it worked tho lol went to hospital and the rapped my whole right arm up got out of hand writing in skool got to use the computers for my spelling tests ( do i hear spellcheck calling) lol

17. uwannabigmak

uwannabigmak What's a Dremel?

y would u catch a hot soldering iron with your hand??? i had a 20ft high zipline snap on me once... i was out cold for a while. minor soldering/glue gun burns too. countless x-acto cuts... 3 on hands now, more in the past.

18. Diablo668

Diablo668 What's a Dremel?

i'e had a similar experience while soldering; first and last time i watch tv when using that thing :p moment of not being there with my full attention; and grabbing for the soldering iron; psssst had 2 blisters for about 2 weeks

thought about it while soldering a connector this evening; still cracks me up :D

Last edited: 5 Jan 2005
  19. TJK

TJK What's a Dremel?

topping all

I think i might have the ultimate stupidity stunt. A few years ago, i was out with our family snowblower, not the wimpy kind either. Im talking the 28" 2 stage with steel augers.
    Anyway, the snow was deep and thick, and very prone to clogging. The discharge chuge jammed up, so i let go of the lever controlling the blade, which should have shut off. But...it didnt. I shoved my hand down the chute in an attempt to clear it. IT cleared easily, and my fingers were pulled down into it, and were cut open. I pulled my hand out, shut down the machine, and ran home to mommy(i was 13@ the time). I wouldnt let her take me to get stitches, which i probably could have used, but werent absolutely necessary, and so i dealt with the throbbing and pain all by myself. Today the scars are slowly going away...but it is something to laugh at

20. Yelrad

Yelrad What's a Dremel?

WOW! Not To Smart