1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Only 11 Minors!

Discussion in 'General' started by mr_roll, 24 Dec 2004.

1. mr_roll

mr_roll What's a Dremel?

I got 3 minors on clutch control, all in the same box.

2. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

It is so dependant on the examiner you get TBH.

I failed for going 32 in a 30mph limit even though the police car behind me had abslutely no problem wiht it!

got 11 minors other than that though, they were all due to the stupid traffic.

3. Simply Divine

Simply Divine What's a Dremel?

i almost laughed my head off after i'd passed my test cos being dead chuffed i was goin around tellin everyone, as you do, and someone confessed to getting 5 majors on the one test. Ill just type that again so i dont get typo questions. 5 MAJORS ALL IN THE SAME TEST. The three i can remember are running a red, going round the wrong side of a traffic island to overtake, and sitting behind a bus when she should've overtaken. She (yeah obviously if u hadn't guessed already - no offense to those good women drivers but on the whole women do some really stupid stuff) tried a further 3 tests and failed on majors every time. After that she gave up tryin for financial reasons.

Since we're comparing pass with 3 minors on first attempt, after only 14hrs of lessons too. Your supposed to be ready after an average of 40hrs.

Congrads on the pass. :thumb: :clap:

4. mr_roll

mr_roll What's a Dremel?

I thank the DSA getting tougher on new tests, its a great move!

Keeps down the people that are numpties on the road. :rock: :clap:

5. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

I passed first time with 9 minors, 5 of which were on gears (go figure). Well done for passing :)

Although it should be pointed out that I can't actually drive much these days as a I phase out at the wheel (somewhat dangerous).

6. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

i got an 84 out of 100 in america

the guy giving the test was an ass and gave me like 4 4 point deductions for things i didnt even do

7. mulberrycrush

mulberrycrush Minimodder

congrats

8. TimXP

TimXP What's a Dremel?

I passed with 0 minors and 0 majors. I thought i had failed when the examinar put his pen and pad down halfway through the test. Yes you may worship me :D

/forgets to mention it was second go...

9. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I passed 1st time with 2 minors. One for going down into 3rd instead of into 5th on the parkway and the other for only looking over one shoulder before pulling away after an emergency stop.

I thought I'd failed after the 2nd one which was about 5 minutes in. Don't know why but I was nervous. After that I just drove on to get it over with, calm as anything and I didn't get any minors after that.

10. TimXP

TimXP What's a Dremel?

My first one was a right shambles. I actually failed it within the first minute of starting, but he didn't tell me untill the end. When i reverse parked (the first thing i did) i was on one of the lines, so an instant fail. The rest of the test was fine :waah: THe thing i don't like is the test doesn't teach you useful things. I've never had to reverse round a corner, i never reverse park. Imo it would be far better if they taught people things like how to control a skid, how to jump start a car etc etc.

11. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

A m8 got 7 majors 1st test, 5 the second and 5 MINORS the third... Gave me a lift home once, and it was the scaryest thing I've ever done.. We nearly crashed into the back of stationary traffic @ 40mph, (he didnt notice they werent moving o_O) and the carriage way went from 2 lanes to 1, we were in the outside lane, doing 90 when it merged.. he didnt slow down, jsut carried on for ~ 20 secs before finally realising and pulling in :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Passed 2nd time with 6 minors, havent driven since :S

12. TimXP

TimXP What's a Dremel?

LOL that reminds me of an ex. She drove me into town once. Scariest 5 minutes i've ever had. I thought i was going to die. She went round the busiest roundabout at silly speed ignoring lane dicipline. She must have been colour blind too, at a crossing where a woman was walking accross she drove straight through seemingly oblivious to the woman who dived out of the way. Then she also failed to notice everyone in front of her had stopped at the next set of lights and almost hit the back of the car in front. We skidded to a halt and i got out. Quick change of trousers, I always drove after that.

13. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

you think thats bad... i failed my first test, because i pulled off from parked when the car behind me was indicating... even though he couldnt have moved without crashing... even though he was stopped... i failed because of that!

If they want you to fail they can make up anything they damn well like, its well gay in the UK!

I Failed my first time, but got it on my second! with only 3 minors i believe. Learning in the UK Is stupid - your not safest when your learning, they teach you to drive on the left no matter what your doing ahead. For instance in nottingham there a road i stay in the right hand lane of (its 4 lanes, 2 in each direction). Now i had to stay to the left in my test, because thats what you do, then right at the end i had to cross over 2 lanes to get where i needed to be! That in my books in far worse than driving in the right hand lane for a few hundred meters.

14. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

The uk driving test is so inconsistant. In the test I passed (4th try :wallbash: ), I encountered a similar situation with a lorry blocking the road. The driver of the lorry was there, but stood still for a long time and was giving all sorts of random signals. The examiner even told me to wait. The words he used were something along the lines of "Wait here and give it some room, it's a foreigner and might not know what he's doing".

I dont know if going strictly by the rules he shouldnt have said anything as I should be able to deal with it my self. It seems more fair that he did though, as on most tests such a situation wouldn't arrise.

I think a better system would be to allow the examiners to use their discretion more, as some of them seem too now. In the current system even the worst driver in the world would get through eventually by continuallly taking retests until no difficult situations arrise.

15. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

3 minors

i got 3 minors on my test before even getting into the car:

i a: read the number plate at a distancee wrong
    b: put the indicators on instead of the headlights when asked-DUH
    c: said my tyre tread depth should be 5mm which was wrong

after getting these 3 wrong i drove out the test centre for approx 1 min before some stupid pensioner walked out so i had to do an emergancy stop, throwing the examiners clipboard n pen onto the floor. i didnt get marked down for it though, cos i executued it perfectly. after that the test went great.

a major=3 minors btw. up to 14 minors=pass, 15+ fail. 11 isnt only.

wp all the same

16. Springs

Springs Boing boing

i did my test on the 2nd of december... i only got 6 minors... :D

17. mr_roll

mr_roll What's a Dremel?

I have a step sister and she passed her 2nd test with only 2 minors, not sure what on, but OMG I fear for my life if shes on the road while driving.

I went out i nthe car with her last night, the car I'm buying a Volvo 740, from my dad, she claims it to have no biting point :rolleyes:

But she drove like a 3 hr learner, such things as:
    Stradling lanes, no blind spot check, stalling, not checking mirrors when turning, mounting curbs, not keeping in a straight lines, indicatiing wrong and thinking its the other drivers fault that they are pulling out in front of her.

I could probably could think of some more things, but I figure the examiner that took her for her test either was looking at her breasts constantly, or he may have been drunk or on drugs.

She is a real hazard in that car and I suspect she will be a hazard in any cars.

18. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

thats the problem right there

19. mr_roll

mr_roll What's a Dremel?

That I have a sister?

20. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

no i was implying she's a woman

Tags: