1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever have one of those days?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tizz0r, 5 Jan 2005.

1. Tizz0r

Tizz0r What's a Dremel?

Ever have one of those days where everything just seems to go wrong?
    I already killed one harddrive here at work, and now I think I just killed another one. :wallbash:
    I think I'm going to try to stay away from the insides of computers for the rest of the day. :sigh:

2. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Sounds like a plan :duh: Sorry dude, and yeah, we all know the feeling :(

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I know the feeling. I got called to one of our old depots once, saying they couldn't get the floppy drive to work (which was needed for an update to the software we use). Basically, the floppy drive was caked in so much dust you couldn't get a floppy disk into it. Lifting the lid on it revealed so many dust bunnies to be unreal.

So I gave it a clean with some light blasts of compressed air. Got it nice and clean. Set it back up and all I could hear was the sound of ping pong ball.

The whole unit had sat where it was for years and years, collecting dust, never switched off. The moment it was moved, the heads on the HDD must have breathed a huge sigh of relief and took a dive.

These things happen though, although it worried me greatly as no backups had been done (probably because the floppy drive hadn't been working for a fair while, by the state of it) but I was told by our computer supplier bloke that these things happen and if it wasn't me that day, it'd have been someone else another day. Perhaps just switching it off killed it.

4. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

I know what you mean... I just got me a new job as a cable internet installer. But the second day (yesterday) everything went wrong. I had a car accident and got home around 8.30PM...

5. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

you guys wanna what a bad day is? on the 21st I have a geometry final (that i WILL fail) then 2hrs. after i get out of that little ring of hell i get to get all four wisdom teeth pulled.

it's my 2 yr. anniversary with my GF on the 20th, and we were supposed to go to a hot rod/muscle car museum near where we live, then on to a movie, then to dinner. not anymore, were just going to dinner and a movie two weeks after the original date.

i missed the chance to sit in a '57 bel-air convertable (the coolest car ever made) because of my frickin' teeth!!!

top that

6. danmagicman7

danmagicman7 What's a Dremel?

If they knock you out for the wisdom teeth pulling it really isn't that bad. I was eating pretty normal food after 2 days.

7. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

i still wouldn't be doing it unless i had to.

besides, i was pissed about the bel-air and having a geo. final :D

8. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

ohh, unlucky :wallbash: i got a new 6600gt the other day that didnt work, and then when i put my old gfx card back it, everything just... stopped... :waah:
    fixed it tho :D

`P2D