1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Laptop Lcd screen

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Darkkmoone, 8 Jan 2005.

1. Darkkmoone

Darkkmoone What's a Dremel?

I want to do what alot of people on here has done with lcd's but i want to us my 14" Samsung Lcd screen from my old laptop... I will have pics of it later, but I want to know if anyone can help me find the spec sheets for my lcd? The model number is : Samsung LT141X6-122 it is from a Tecra8000 laptop. I've been up all night looking and no luck on my end. :sigh: :confused: :yawn:

2. Springs

Springs Boing boing

first thing to do is :search:

and unless u have a shed load of money its not worth it.... laptop screen run differently that normal computer screens therfore (sp) require a controller to be able to work on a computer.. and they cost a tone of money..

3. Darkkmoone

Darkkmoone What's a Dremel?

i'm aware that i need a lcd controller, i need help finding the spec sheet on this lcd screen, i have the money to buy a lcd controller... just need the information on the screen before i buy the wrong thing.

4. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

you got served for assumptions

5. fuzzball172

fuzzball172 What's a Dremel?

looking at the price of controllers, would it be cheaper to buy a cheap tft screen, gut it and use that, with vga already built in?

6. infernis

infernis What's a Dremel?

Okay, I have a Samsung LT141X7-124, obviously a similar model. I have it running with a DiCON LCD1280FI controller in XGA mode (1024 x 768) under VGA, S-video, or composite RCA. I bought my controller for $150 new via a contact at the MP3Car.com forums. It also came with an inverter. Right now, it's hard-wired by me, but I think I'm going to spring for a custom wire harness. I suggest you try the MP3Car.com forums, as the people there are more helpful than the "Search the FAQ" people here.

7. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Well we just are fed up with ppl asking this question. So much in fact i think we have a sticky just for this topic. Its not hard to :search: and should really be the first thing anyone does if they are asking a question. Then if you dont find the answer, by all means, go ahead and post.

8. infernis

infernis What's a Dremel?

The thing that bothers me is that 99% of the Search the FAQ people are flat out wrong. LCD controllers are much more easy to find as they were two years ago. Not only that, but I've seen prices as low as $50 for VGA controllers. So the perpetuation of misinformed opinions continues on, stifling the flow of innovative new ideas.

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

The difference in this case is the guy is aware a controller is required and the cost associated.

10. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

Exactly...So if you cant help him dont post...

Going to move to electronics to possibly get more help...