1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Metaversa: LCD goodness (small update 17/07/05)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Nexxo, 11 Apr 2003.

1. Morpheon

Morpheon What's a Dremel?

Everthing that has a beginning has and end....I hope we are alive to see it :hip: Keep up the awesome work Nexxo

2. Goth

Goth What's a Dremel?

holy s*it .... That waterblocks owns .... Great mod btw.... Keep Moding :rock:

3. Anthony

Anthony What's a Dremel?

I always (the time I have been in this forum) have felt, that there´s no worth mod computer cases. Because, its have done before, for sure... But this
    is something different, even I haven´t see the result, but Good luck with this pal... :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

4. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Will you be cutting into the 5.25' bays? Perhaps you could use two black Ice Extremes.

5. Noldor

Noldor What's a Dremel?

How will you be able to get a decent airflow through that BIXII with those small holes in the front of the case? As I understand it only the lower part of the BIX2 would get fresh air on it? Will you cut up the case to compensate or how do you plan to go about it? :worried:

Mabye you should look into getting a PC75, your projekt just keeps expanding in that size-limited case :hehe:

Keep on modding! :dremel:

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Not that critical. And I could redesign the bezel. But going for a bigger case is not an option --this one is big enough as it is.

However given that I do not want to spend yet more money, I will test it on the current setup first. I may not get spectacular temps, but reasonable ones and it will run quiet. The blocks are eerily efficient and so is the rad setup, so fingers crossed... I'm hoping to get 50C tops.

7. Xoddoza

Xoddoza What's a Dremel?

Anyway, with two proccessors, who needs overclocking :hehe:

Have you cosnidered another 120mm Radiator somewhere else? Although it would detract from the clean lines of the case, and internals.

8. Nexxo

Nowhere I could put one. If I get really desperate, I could insert a Black Ice Micro II (chrome, of course) where the two 80mm exhaust fans are, and include it in the loop after the GPU but before the CPUs to take the temps down. But since the coolant would only be a degree or two warmer after exiting the GPU block, I'd expect this to make little difference. A rad really works at its best before or after all the blocks, when temperature differences are greatest.

I suspect this may not be necessary though. We'll see how it turns out. I often suspect people use bigger rads than they need to, so now is the time to find out!

9. Risky

Risky Modder

I'm space-constrained in my GW802 and have been thinking about a external radbox. Alphacool have just launched their own range of rads and they're only charging EUR50 for a 120.3 model.

Now what I had though of was using it as an auxiliary. There are lots of ways that could work, the simplist would be to have two more lines into the res and pump in the external radbox. When they reservoir temp hits a threshold the pump and rad fans would spin up (requiring fancy fancontrol, I have a T-balancer) and add a lump of cooling power.

However I'll take a guess that external junk is a bitmessy for the metaversa concept - neater option would be a passive rad on the side of the case, if that appeals.

Anyway I'd imagine this is a bit hypothetical as you haven't got this one cooking yet.....

10. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

You could try and do what i'm doing...

I am using a header tanks through which a 1/2" setup passes through. Then I use 8mm setup connected to that header tank which is conneceted to a separate small (CSP mk. 2) pump and a 120.3 type radiator (AC airplex evo 360). and then best thing is that it is remove-able.

What happens is that the extra loop is feed outside the case via two bulkhead automatic clutches (the connectors where you can remove them at will and connect them and they will not leak water)... and thus you can connect it up when you need it and disconnect when you don't. Ofcourse you'll need an external switch for the pump and an external molex connection for the fans on the external rad.

11. Nexxo

Intriguing idea, but I want to keep everything contained in one box, and keep the lines clean.

I'll try the current setup. If that really doesn't work I can always squeeze in a BIX2. I have already measured and worked it out --barely anything needs to be changed in the rest of the internal setup.

12. Noldor

Noldor What's a Dremel?

I'm 100% sure it will work with 45-50C load temps which is still perfectly fine and it will be silent too. And that loop - best looking loop/hose management I've ever seen. If I could chose which computer to have sex with it'd defeinetly be yours nexxo. :rock: I was re-reading this thread for like the 5:th time and i noticed something was getting wet on my pants so I looked down.. This loong piece druel was hanging from my lip down all the way to my panties creating a nice puddle there :wallbash: :D

13. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

Scary! :worried: :worried:

14. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

"and that kids, is the kind of thing you dont say!"

very nice nexxo, looking forward to updates.

15. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

Thats just not right.....

Great project Nex....

16. Risky

Risky Modder

Understatement!

17. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

I FINALLY got arround to making my cable spacers. Let me know if you find any use for them in your reconfigured machine and I can probably make you a few for whatever diameter you need.
    [​IMG]

18. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Captain Slug where did you get those spacers? I'm looking for those for my Tygon hoses.

Sorry I see you made them yourself.

19. Nexxo

That is excellent work Captain_Slug! :rock: If you could make me a couple with three holes that will accommodate two rounded IDE cables (like yours there) and a rounded floppy cable (about 8mm diameter), that would be wonderful. :thumb:

I think you should look into marketing those. M_D_K is already cranking out some prototypes of my GPU bracket. We could have a nice little cottage industry going! :D

20. Tizz0r

Tizz0r What's a Dremel?

Wow, this thread took me such a long time to read. I must say it's a very, very impressive piece of work. I only wish I had your 250s, and from what it sounds like you got two for the price of one. That is still a lot of money seeing that they are about $800 each. :jawdrop: I'm happy with my 246s though. I'm also going to have to take some innovations from your project and use them in my own project that I'm planning as they are absolute genius. Anyway keep up the good work. :D Btw, I'm going to be bugging you about well your wc loop works, because I'm looking at some similar parts due to some space limitations even though I have a rather large case.