1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Copper or silver?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tizz0r, 11 Jan 2005.

1. Tizz0r

Tizz0r What's a Dremel?

I'm not too keen on sacrificing the hot-swap bays, but I think there might be some room behind them to fit a radiator in. You mention there is room in the top of the case for a radiator. This is true but not if I want to be able to put the case in a rack later on. I'm not sure if I even want to put it in a rack though, especially if I mod it. :) I'll take some messurements when I get home from work to see where I can stick in a radiator.

2. Tizz0r

Tizz0r What's a Dremel?

Ok, I took some messurements and pictures. Near the bottom, where the hot-swap bays are, there is enough width for a radiator if I took out the bracket with the fans on it. But the 5.25" drive bay cage gets in the way height wise. I'm also sure that with the fans on the radiator it would be too deep and get in the way of the mobo and I would really like to keep the hot-swap bays.

Here are some pictures of my case:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Also to mount the radiator in the top of the case would require me to cut a piece out in the picture above, and in the picture below you'll see that there are a bunch of mounting holes for rails that might be a problem.
    [​IMG]

So, if I do mount the stuff inside it's definitely not going to be easy. :wallbash: I should also work on those cables.

3. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

Well, you could mount it on the side that you have opened. Keep all the mountings etc in the case then have some holes inthe door for the rad to breath. Other than that im not sure what you could do other than make another enclosure for the water loop.

4. Tizz0r

Tizz0r What's a Dremel?

Don't know why I didn't think of that before, but that would definitely be possible. Now I just need to find enough money to get the cooling bits. :wallbash:

5. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

:D

keep us updated ... ok? :naughty:

6. Tizz0r

Tizz0r What's a Dremel?

I will be sure to keep everyone updated. :D

Tags: