1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project:PipBoy 8000 PICS FIXED! 56K warn|big (?) update 06/28|*vfd help needed!!!!!*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by EdHunTer, 10 May 2004.

?

What fangrill to use for the front fan?

1. origi fan grill as seen on the first pics

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. a piece of the mesh in front on the vacuum tubes

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  1. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

very nice case dude, makes mewant to make a PC that size for LAN parties, but ya keep up your good work, cause it's awesome

2. EdHunTer

EdHunTer What's a Dremel?

been on a little break and i guess i'm going to be for some time. i'm kinda tired of all the bull**** i managed to come across in the past few weeks and i'm also broke so project is on Hiatus until further notice (hopefully only a week or two)

3. coorz

coorz Miffed

Is there any particular reason why you got that VFD (size?) instead of the GU126x32F-K612A4 straight from Noritake? It's priced almost the same (140 euro) and has 'some' decent support in LCDC.
    Another option is to kindly request on some LCD forums for support of the 7000.

4. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

i wish i had money to buy VFDs and stuff oh well ill stick to the cheap-man-modding. that looks really nice though. i wish i had a old radio like that lying around. :thumb:

5. EdHunTer

yup you guessed it it was the size limit. if i had a laptop dvd drive then i might have gone with the above mentioned VFD which i know has some pretty decent support since then it would fit next to the dvdrom but in this case either this was the solution or the vfd would've ended up omitted or at some less cool looking spot leavig the front panel hideously empty.

Also price... i can only get noritake vfds from the hungarian retailer who charge hideous prices for vfds the above mentioned module would've cost me around 261 eur... and if i mail noritake they simply forward it to them....

that's about that

6. lessthanjakejohn

lessthanjakejohn What's a Dremel?

sweet, great work. :rock:

7. Badaró

Badaró What's a Dremel?

As a fan of Fallout, I must say your work is great! Can't wait to see it finished!
    Everything is coming along nicely... keep it up that way!

Congrats!

8. EdHunTer

just a tiny update:
    [​IMG]

found the ideal keyboard for this project :)

gonna get either a camo green paint or rustbrown not sure yet but prolly green goes better with the buttons