1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: AlumaxX (Dutch champion casemodding 2006! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Franklin, 28 Dec 2004.

1. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Someones loaded :naughty: , Lets see if you can make the most of it

slater..

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Thanks a lot, it looks like my rad will fit without much hassle. The other one I meant was on the rear fan, the edge of that to the side panel of the case. My guess is ~15mm

I like that hard drive thing you made, really creative.

3. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

It's even less, about 8 mm.

4. Firehed

Yikes, I may have to get creative after all. D'oh! /me loves it when things just fit where I want them to. Actually come to think of it I can just tap some threads on the other side of the rad most likely.

5. -Enforcer-5716M4

-Enforcer-5716M4 What's a Dremel?

OmG§'! Are you rich or something? 4 rads? Will you buy a peltier element too?

6. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

those hose clamps are also sold at a local shop near to me (delft, NL ), they look very nice, i was planning to use them too. But you can only use them once right?
    Not that it would be a problem, i'm not changing my WC system every day ;)

Hope you going to do some nice modding, and not only purchaching those expansive hardware i could only dream of ;)

7. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

While I'm waiting for some parts, I started with the rear radiator. It had to go down a couple of millimeters to fit. Otherwise it blocked the first slot. The white behind the radiator (around the fan) is just paper, that will be replaced by an aluminium strip. It is just a test fit.

[​IMG]

This has to be dremeled away so the rad can be mounted a few millimeters lower.

[​IMG]

After dremeling.

[​IMG]

and the final result.

[​IMG]

And with the the radiator and 120 mm fan in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Sep 2005
  8. Silenced`

Silenced` What's a Dremel?

nice cutting jou got there :eek:

9. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Thanks, I must say the new cuttingblade with diamant from dremel works a lot better then the normal ones. It was more expensive, but I don't regret buying it.

10. Firehed

these?

11. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

That's the one Firehed. I have cut the hole for the radiator on top, for the reservoir on top and the hole for the rear radiator with this diamant blade and I can still use the blade, not as good as in the beginning, but still usable.

12. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I've got some time and stuff to work on this weekend. The first thing I'm gonna do is the harddisk racks. After waiting a day or 7 the aluminium has arrived and I can start deremeling again.

[​IMG]

These are the aluminium parts I will use to built the rack and for the fans. (what I showed in the previous pictures with the paper around the fans)

Taped the alumium in and marked the spots that have to be dremeled out.

[​IMG]

13. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

Great so far.....looking forward to more progress!

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Looking good already. :thumb: It's scary how similar our approach is (i.e. making paper templates and making our own aluminium parts/brackets). Perhaps it's a Dutch thing. :D

15. Muon

Muon What's a Dremel?

wow, i like it! its coming together nicely, i'm wondering though, whats the deal with the block where the psu goes? it looks like its meant to prop it up higher, is that what it is?

16. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Yes thats because a normal PSU has an air intake at the bottom. My PSU will be watercooled and it will get a small mod for better looks as well.

My fingers hurt like hell at the moment, the aluminium I use is a lot harder then the Lian Li case. My dremel can't get through it so I will do it all by hand.

[​IMG]

This is live modding :hehe: :hehe:

And Nexxo I watched carefully at the projects here on bit-tech before I started. I didn´t miss any updates of your mod.

Almost there........

[​IMG]

17. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Ah Franklin,
    Nice going there, I luv the 3 radiators you are using - Dit lyk baie goed, man! Hou so aan.....

Afrikaans, close enough to Dutch so you can probably understand it.....lol....

Keep up the excellent work, I will be watching this closely. I am just thinking that there is a lot of space at the bottom, I am wondering if a VapoLS will fit in there? Mmmmm....

Question...are your watercooling loops going to be completely divorced from each other, or will you run the 2 pumps in parallel into a common header? Seperate with the 2X 1048 Pumops will be better in your case, but be careful of the amount of backpressure on the small Eheims...they don't seem to like to many waterblocks or restrictions in the loop, then they start getting rather noisy.

My 12V Innovatek 1046-based pump is better in this respect than my 220V Ac 1048. Just my observation, it might be the pump, which is very new still, but something to keep in mind.

Keep up the good work, and keep us posted.

Br,
    MrBean.

18. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I don't know yet. I have two setups in mind:

1: everything serial, something like this
    RESERVOIR-->PUMP-->RAD-->CPU-->GPU-->Northbridge-->RESERVOIR-->PUMP-->RAD-->PSU-->HDD-->HDD-->RAD

2: two seperate loops

The noise from the Eheim pumps can be resolved with a little modification to the small rad inside the pump. I had the same problem with my previous Eheim 1048 pump and that has been solved with a littlebit of tape gasfitters use. No noises since this little modification from my pump.

19. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

The first part of the harddisk rack is almost ready. Just to give an impression what is will look like this picture. The aluminium will have to be polished, so don't mind the scratches. That's it for today. Tomorrow I wil start with the UV Acryl that will have the same shape as the holes in the tray I just made.

[​IMG]

Those Aquadrives deserve a nice home :D

20. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

This is looking very promising, Keep up the good work.