1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Log= Green Beatz (update Hand etched side panel!)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by hac, 6 Jan 2005.

1. hac

hac What's a Dremel?

hi everyone, im from the philippines and we do have a bunch of modders here too. from overclocking to case modding and some really creative ones too. i made some test cases and since im use to working on cars, i tried to get my hand into this case modding. ive been into computers since forever anyway!

so heres my case its a basic atx that was painted black, personnaly i dont like black on cases coz it doesnt show the fine lines or details of the case. but thats just me so black themed case lover dont hate me! just keep in mind pls when reading this that im from the philippines, and my resources for parts are somewhat limited. i cant even order from the web if i wanted too (and believe me i do!) so i tried to use what we have here only. some may be cheap but believe me i did try to search for things! almost everyday after school!

sorry wasnt able to get stock shots of the case!
    [​IMG]

this is the front bezel. i do have a case already for my p4 but im builing this athlon for myself. so i picked out a case that is simple but has enough space to intgrate my old palm pilot in it. im gonna be bondoing that later to make it flat and in place. ill be using programs for the palm to be integrated to the computer. and as a lcd too hehe. cant order one remember? :D the palm has been modified to charge a couple of nimh when the computer is powered up to keep it from erasing its memory. plus as an organizer when the comps off :D

[​IMG]

main theme of this comp is custom truckin inspired! so its gonna be a pearl green metalic yellow case w nothing but polished aluminum accents! i bought a long sheet of aluminum just waiting to be polished and cut to whatever i could think off! this is for the acrylic window bezel by the way.

[​IMG]
    window jigged out and borders tested. needs trimming.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i wanted some sort of aluminum front bezel accents so i was planning on cutting some flat ones and laying it on there but i remebered that i saw something interesting the last time i went to the hardware store to check for "modding treasures" and i picked up these 3. these are drawer handles :D the rectangle one is turned up side down and fitted w toggle switches. the round ones were also drilled and will be holding the power and reset buttons. that thing in the middle is the button. ill be gluing some green acrylic to it to keep the acrylic theme to the front too. all will soon backlighted w leds.

[​IMG]

i decided to watercool my rig so i bored out this hole on top of the case for the small rad ill be putting. its a messy hole i know but ill still be covering that w a bezel so i didnt waste to much time in it.

[​IMG]
    this is the bezel that ill be placing on top of it. ill be making another one for the top mounted oval reservoir ill be picking up. its gonna be a cheap watercooling system though so dont expect much. just green so i can have some plus points during competitions.

you can aslo see my cheap dremel. stupid thing blew on me while i was making that hole! so i wasnt able to finish it yet!

im painting the case right now so ill post some pics bout that as soon as im done. future planse are etchings, some more aluminum work (but not overly done..dont wanna overdo the case) some leds on the lower holes of the bezel to give it some faint glow. lights inside and on bottom and hmmm..dont really know yet! oh and dont worry, im stealthing the drives! :D

dont be rough on me now! im new at case modding...now if it was cars..hehe! :rock:

oh and sorry for the poor pics. only have a camera fone!

Last edited: 17 Jan 2005
  2. hac

hac What's a Dremel?

oh no pics wont show!

its in pbase, any other sites you guys would suggest?

3. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

photobucket.com

4. hac

hac What's a Dremel?

ok give me 5 mins! th
    anks!

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Strainless steel drawer handles as switch bezels... inspired! :clap:

6. hac

hac What's a Dremel?

hehe rather cheap actually but hey! work w what we got right? :D

7. hac

hac What's a Dremel?

its taking forever to get my paint job just right and shiny! arghhh!! top coating! hope i can put some pics up later! and if all goes well in 3days its done and ready for show

8. hac

hac What's a Dremel?

huge update leap, sorry i sorta got into it and didnt stop fixing it after the paint dried
    [​IMG]
    heres some shot of the case, its 80%done so far, still a lot of work to do, its sorta dirty coz iwas drilling and all.
    [​IMG]
    here you can see the window w the aluminum bezel for it. need some touch ups but im 2 tired and still have class in the morning!
    [​IMG]
    heres the front where you can see the smoothed out sides of the palm. it worksgrreat, by the way. the custom switch that i made. still have to put acrylic over it though!
    some of the light goes out by the vents too, might use some leds on that to make it glow further.
    [​IMG]
    just testing the cathodes that i bought, not really in place yet or not even any internals yet! :D
    [​IMG]
    just wanna show the psu cover i picked up for this project!
    [​IMG]
    lastly heres the paint job in its unrubbed form! its quite shiny already considering i havent buffed it yet w some rubbing compound! that lil stubs is some bumps so the paint wont get scracthed when im working on the internal assembly!
    ill update you guys as soon as possible!
    suggestions?comments?

oh and the cover for the top radiator is on hold as for the cover for the 2 drives too. i bought a slot loading dvd rom and the normal cdrw. thats what the 2 empty ones are from and will be making aluminum bezels for that too. reason why its on hold is becoz my dremmel blew! :waah:
    looking for some cheap ones to replace em!

current status = 80%

Last edited: 10 Jan 2005
  9. DoNuT

DoNuT What's a Dremel?

Green!! Nice job. If I didn't have a clear case...it'd be a green one.

10. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

Wow i realy love taht green i mean that looks awsome Good job :thumb:

I really like that rectangular dooor handle idea. Do you happen to remember anything specific about it i need to push my switchs back some and that would be a perfect way 2.

11. hac

hac What's a Dremel?

i dont know honestly coz im from the philippines and i got them locally but i think you can get em from most hardware or fixtures shop where you live. i actually got lucky coz i picked the longest one coz i was supposed to mount it sideways, when i got home i found that if fits perfectly in one of the bays. the length i mean.

im still itching to finish this but w my dremmel out of service for the next couple of days...hmmm ill see if i can get my friends to help.

12. hac

hac What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

day shot, in reality the paint gives a light yellow metalic glare when hit by the sun, i just dont have a clear digicam to get it in a pic!

still 80% done!

13. hac

hac What's a Dremel?

this is my 1st hand at etching in any sort and i think it turned out ok! took me 2 hours though to do it, i think thats pretty slow, but i had to stop coz my hand was already shaking! more like vibrating!
    [​IMG]

here it is w green cathode. i know the whole plate is full of marks and dirty but ill clean it up ofcourse once im done.

[​IMG]

again sorry for the crap pics, only have a camera fone!

14. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Looks great! Keep up the good work.