1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: My Room and Everything in it [UPDATED: JAN 5]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by NzC, 6 Aug 2004.

1. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

I already have a lot of stuff that I need, but I do need a PSU and hopefully a cheap large HDD. Oh, ya another 120 gig SATA would be nice too: RAID on my main rig would be lovely.

2. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

Hey! Update time!! Oh, and sorry, I know that some pics are down (need to renew my hosting).

[​IMG]
    My package came moday!

[​IMG]
    Some gadgets. Left-Right: A SmartMedia case. A SD case. A Keypad/Hub/6-in-1 card reader.

[​IMG]
    This is a CD filer if you will. Basically it sits in my file cabinet and holds CDs.

[​IMG]
    The keyboard drawer.

[​IMG]
    And installed.

[​IMG]
    I also visited BestBuy and used my gift cards the other day and got this wire to hook up my rear speakers. I managed to use all of it on two speakers.... :eyebrow:

[​IMG]
    Nothing exciting but just the connectors that came with the speaker cable.

Hopefully soon I will have some semi final images. I am still aranging some stuff to my liking.

Peace,
    Nick

3. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

SmartMedia is notoriously sketchy by the way... I've had several cards die on me and become unrecognisable and unformattable by both Windows and my old digital camera. Just something to bear in mind :thumb:

4. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

Strange. I have never had any problems with it and i wont be switching soon cuz my camera uses it. I have two 128MB cards and a 16MB card. Use them a lot no complications, but thanks for the heads up. I wont store anything valuable on them.

5. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Maybe I should have explained what I meant a bit more (I'm tired) :p. I wouldn't take a card formatted for a digital camera and use it in a card reader/writer. Doing this caused several cards to be "uninitialized" when plugged into my old Fuji camera. Windows will format a SmartMedia card to FAT12, which is apparently the filesystem required... no idea why it happened, but after doing some reading I came to the conclusion that SmartMedia is just very flaky :eyebrow:

I moved over to an SD Kodak camera and would never use SmartMedia again. It's all relative though, like you said, depending on what you are storing.

6. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

I really like this project. I would really like to do something like this to my room because its pretty cluttered but, it would be pretty useless considering I only have 1 running computer.

Anyways, I really like what you have done with the room. Keep the updates coming. :)

7. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

he he he i work at Best Buy, here in Canada, and about the cards, i would like SD cards, they are my personal fav, just cause i like them for whatever reason, but the project looks like it is coming along very nicely, can't wait to see it finnished.

8. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 Minimodder

What kind of keypad is that? Can you just have the buttons be buttons or do they have to represent the keypad (ie, can I use the buttons in a game for chat keybinds and not have them be keypad 1, keypad 2)? Thanks.

PEACE

9. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

If I understand what you are asking, then yes. The software allows you to fully customize the keypad. Any button can have any number of functions assigned to it and a series of keystrokes is also possible.

Nick

10. zerocom

zerocom What's a Dremel?

the room is coming tougether really nice... :thumb:

BTW: love that blue thing you have on your cupboard and use as an avatar.

Last edited: 20 Jan 2005
  11. Hackjedi

Hackjedi What's a Dremel?

The thing is really c00l. to bad it costs 32,50 euro's here :waah:

12. ChorijaN

ChorijaN What's a Dremel?

as i can see you are continuing to do same great work and adding fine touches to the room :rock:
    it kinda became an inspiration to do something similar to my room...maybe there will soon be a project log from me :D
    continue the great work and keep the updates coming

13. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

What is the name of the numpad? somebody asked earlier but you never answered to the question about the name of it.

14. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

i like the way u changed your room. do about the same to my room but no cam to show it to the world. stay with it think it turns out nice :thumb:

15. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

Finally an update!! Changed some stuff up--I am finally am starting to really like my setup.

First though, my new toy!!

[​IMG]
    I stopped at BestBuy today and came out with these!! :naughty:

[​IMG]
    Now this is what under my desk looks like now. A little different. I took out the old printer stand(just didnt fit right). It isnt perfect yet, but getting there. I would like to find a shelf for the printer.

[​IMG]
    I also got this monitor arm for free (I LOVE working at a science center!). My media PC's monitor and (new) keyboard are on it. It is nice cuz it forms a nicely shaped workcenter, buyt I can push it out of the way.

[​IMG]
    My main deskspace rearranged. There is the DVD player on the left with my paper baskets. Then the two LCDs and under the right one a keyboard drawer.

[​IMG]
    This is what I use the drawer for, I will prolly put something else there instead of the CDs, but I like being able to get the mixer thing out of the way.

[​IMG]
    I moved my filing rack over to where the trash can was and also fixed up a keyboard drawer to act a a slid out shelf, and it works well.

[​IMG]
    The filing rack out.

This project is starting to come to a close, but not quite yet. I do plan on painting all of the beige stuff when it gets warmer and I have more time. I think black will be nice. (Did I hear a sigh of relief).

Well its off to bed.

Peace,
    Nick

16. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen What's a Dremel?

jesus, how do you pay for all this stuff?

17. CaseyBlackburn

he steals it jk probaly has nice weathy parents

18. CaseyBlackburn

btw good job

19. Protius-X

Protius-X What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I'm wondering just how rich his family is. I wish I could afford half the stuff in his room.

20. dj_2004

dj_2004 What's a Dremel?

probably got a job, save up for a month or so and hes set since he has no bills to pay