1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROJECT: NESpc ... my first mod! GO ME!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by reject, 21 Jan 2005.

1. reject

reject What's a Dremel?

Hello! Welcome to my first project log! :clap: Thanks for stopping by.

First off, This is my first mod, period! I haven't even added an extra fan to my desktop system. So please feel free to drop me a line with hints and tips along the way, but make 'em simple as I am pretty damn newbish.

Secondly! The updates, for the most part, will be slow in coming as I am building this PC while trying to work my way out of some debt so money is tight and I have no parts just lying around I can go to town with.

My idea:
    Isn't really a new one, as this mod has been done a ton of times. Stuff a fully functioning (i.e. non-gaming) PC into an old school Nintendo Entertainment System. Basically the system doesn't have to be uber in any form, just enough to store my good sized music collection, play it, play the occasional DVD, be portable (at least moreso than my fullsize tower). So ... let's take a look at the sacrificial lamb...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Not the cleanest of cases, but that is ok. My plan is to fully mod this case, and then when finished, finding a mint condition case and repeat the mod using all the internals from this mod. So basically, this case is just a warm-up. :thumb:

2. reject

reject What's a Dremel?

Now then, let's take a look at her insides...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hmm ... all those posts have to go, as well as the raised area. Now if only I had a :dremel: ....

[​IMG]

Yeah yeah, I know ... it's a cordless. But it should be fine for what I need it for. If I need something with more oomph, my pops has an old Ryobi that should do the trick. If that wont get it, I'll fire up the air compressor and high speed cutoff wheel. :rock:

Remember people ... always read the instructions and wear safety equipment!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

:worried: Point Of No Return Reached :worried:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

:clap: :rock: :clap:

Yes .. I was proud that I didn't lose any limbs or digits during the process, means it was sucessful in my book. Now ... future plans.

Tomorrow I should be heading out and picking up some plexi to cover up the hole I just made. Will also be heading by my PC shop to pick up a couple things that will remain a secret for now. Next week I will hopefully start ordering hardware.

Again, bare with me on the slowness of updates. I'm moving as fast as I can with this project. Thanks!

3. Tom the Yeti

Tom the Yeti What's a Dremel?

Way sweet dude, :D
    Ive seen mods like this before, but they wern't all that great.

:rock:

4. dannyqball

dannyqball What's a Dremel?

Makes me wish I never sold mine last year. I have a hard plastic brief case I want to convert. I will have to watch your skills for ideas.

5. XTS Gun

XTS Gun What's a Dremel?

Wow so thats what a Nintendo looks like in the inside.

6. Wrigley1

Wrigley1 What's a Dremel?

I have a NES, original. However, I'm never going to open it up. I'm saving it for when it's worth something. :D

7. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

Wrigley1 If it is a rare and much coveted top-loader model it is already worth something, if not you may be waiting a while.

I have been meaning to do this to a nes for a while; I just can not find a use for it that would warrant the initial financial outlay on hardware.

Good luck and I hope this mod turns out :thumb:

8. Tom the Yeti

Tom the Yeti What's a Dremel?

what!? Theres a vertion that loads from the top??
    I should know this!

:wallbash:

9. reject

reject What's a Dremel?

i have actually seen two of the top loaders in person, shouldve bought em when i had the chance

10. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

some people will never be happy to see such an awesome machine modded to a pc like that! Then again you are putting a nice peice of art back into the game, even though its not in its original state yet, its pretty damn sweet. Mod on bro!!

11. reject

reject What's a Dremel?

yeah, well if we all modded by others guidelines .. itd be a boring damn site :thumb: