1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Am I wiring things correctly??

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Skidogg77, 29 Dec 2004.

1. Skidogg77

Skidogg77 What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone,

I am still trying to make the Intec PSOne LCD work. Here is a quick update on my progress. I found datasheets for the base LCD module of this unit. I built the C-Sync circuit found on Starfox's website. I have the lastest Powerstrip downloaded and installed (3.56). So now the tweaking part comes in. I hooked things up, and used the ATI Rage Pro integrated video card. I could get the screen powered up and to show pixels of color, but never anything close to an image of the desktop.

I noticed that I could never get the same initial timings as M Pro or Starfox on their PSOne LCD. So I started to dig on Powerstrips site forum and discovered that Powerstrip, any version, doesn't support this card. The earliest card it supports is the ATI Rage128.

I just so happen to have a 128 lying around at work, with a 9 inch CRT. So I set up a test pc with powerstrip and the CRT close by. What do you know, things worked, on 640x480i (arcade version). So I am pretty sure its the card that is holding me up.

Anyway, what I wanted to get from this forum is your suggestions about how the circuit and LCD should be wiring to the VGA. Here is what I have and know so far.

LCD: Has inputs for Red, Blue, Green @ 75 ohms. Which is the exact output of the respective VGA pins. It also takes 12 volt positive and negative. The last 2 pins, I don't know what they do, but are labeled on the datasheet as "MODE1" and "MODE2".

I basically follow the same diagram for hooking up the C-Sync circuit with some minor changes. I get my +5 volt from a power molex off the PSU. I use the same molex negative connection as the ground for the circuit, as I don't know if the card I am using has the DCC pin active.

Do you think this is a good choice?

I also run the -Red, -Blue and -Green to this same ground, because the only ground on the LCD is 12 volt.

Where should I be connecting the RGB grounds too, if at all?

Thanks in advances for your suggestions.

2. madpoet

madpoet What's a Dremel?

Excellent to hear you're having some success, i just pulled one of these apart and started looking at it. May I ask wehre you got the data sheet?

3. kongen

kongen What's a Dremel?

why would you need the datasheet since someone else has already showed you the mod conversions. Why do more work than what you have to checkout the article on it. http://bit-tech.net/article/136/ If you really think you need it for one reason or another then go read the article and then send a message to macroman maybe he will be kind enough to give you his secret. :dremel:

4. madpoet

madpoet What's a Dremel?

Geesh... I was curious :). Isn't that enough here? As for the article, yes it is excellent. It only applies to the Sony screen however, and there are some differences with the Intec screen.

-MP

5. pokey

pokey What's a Dremel?

madpoet -- I'm tailing you. :D

I'll be hacking apart my Intec's tomorrow night -- assuming my buddy comes over with the "delivery", so any insight you can offer would be appreciated. Of course it could turn into a night of drinking booze and watching Jerry Springer uncut, so not sure how far I'll get.

I'm disappearing for a mini-vacation after that, so will be out of the loop until Monday. Please keep this (or the AVS) lists up to date...

6. pokey

pokey What's a Dremel?