1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Super blooo + watercooling |Big Update|Updated: 07-07-2005| -=Nice pics!!!=-

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bullfrog, 18 Jul 2004.

1. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

keep them updates rollin
    i like your updates

2. bullfrog

bullfrog What's a Dremel?

I have finally finished my first custom waterblock. Getiing the thing done is not as easy as it looks but I did it. :clap:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I still have alot of things to do, like mounting the radiator and cutting a fan hole for the radiator. Then I also have to finish the res and then for some heavy leak testing. Hope I find no leaks!!

Haven't been modding much the past week, was a little busy. But the hardest part has been done, so smooth sailing from now on, I hope!! :)

3. mrhanky

mrhanky What's a Dremel?

nice work, looks really pro
    maybe some custom etches on it, your logo and name

4. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

looks good, give us temps when its tested!

5. kaotic504

kaotic504 What's a Dremel?

nice block, wonder how well it performs.

6. bullfrog

The temp reading on my mobo is probably not very accurate, so I can't really give you guys temps that will acctually benifit the modding community. I will how ever give you a temp comparison between stock amd heatsink and the waterblock.

The design of this waterblock is one that has been used before, but There are possibly a few differences. The thickness of the base, thickness of the channels and the length of the channels can all differ. The original one that I got the design from did however perform very well, so it can't be that bad.

If I where in the states, I would have sent my block in for testing by the editor or staff member of procooling for testing to see how it staks up against all the other blocks.

Can't wait to get this puppy on my cpu!! :)

7. bullfrog

Well I am now busy constructing my reservoir mod, so that I don't have to submerge my whole pump in a res.

Here is the piece of perspex, marked and ready to be cut.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the perspex all cut and ready to be stuck together to make this container of mine. Just have to still drill a hole so I can add a lid to top to fill the system. I am going to cut up a bottle of sunlight liquid and use the thread and the cap so it will be easy to fill the system. The manner in which it has been placed is how its foing to come together.
    [​IMG]
    Just a little test to see if it all fits in. Used some masking tape to get all the sides on.
    [​IMG]

8. bullfrog

Here is a little update for you guys. I have been having a little trouble getting some stuff to stick together perspex, gonna try chloroform. First attempt at getting this stuff, the pharmacy gave me the wrong stuff!! :waah:

Pic of the lid I am going to use on my res.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And finally it is stuck down for easy filling of my res. :)
    [​IMG]

Just hope I get this chloroform by tommorow! I want watercooling!!! :grr:

9. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

really nice job sofar!

10. bullfrog

Well it looks like its gonna be a while for another update. I have now got job for the holidays and will not be able to mod for a little while! But now i'll have more money for new hardware. :)

11. bullfrog

Well just a small update for now, some more pics in the morning/ Can't take more pics now cos its a little dark! I have the watercooling up and running, just not installed yet. A few pics of what hapenned inbetween to get where I am now.

My res in its half finished state all glued together.
    [​IMG]

Heres a little picture of what happens when you cut metal with a dremel (sparks flY)!
    [​IMG]

And heres a pic of the hole almost finished, just need some sanding and holes to mount the fan.
    [​IMG]

My radiator screwed into the top of my case with a fan just waiting to get shrouded and also still have to install a fan grill for the 120mm fan.
    [​IMG]

Some more better pics to come shortly (as soon as I wake up tommorow)!

12. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

WAKE UP!!! and post the pictures :D

13. bullfrog

Sorry buts its only 1:30 am here now and I'm off to bed! C U later this morning!

14. bullfrog

Sorry for not updating as prommised but got a little tied up on the day of the updated pics.

Here is a nice pictures of the top of my case, without a fan grill that I want to get(plain wire grill).
    [​IMG]

Here is the watercooling all installed into the case. I still have to make a shroud for the radiator, sort out my wiring on my new psu and install the hardware. That could possibly happen tommorow.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a little bit of a discolouration of the epoxy glue used on my res and I am not sure why? Is it just the anti freeze, water or is it coming loose. Any ideas pls tell me as I am getting a bit worried.

Last edited: 3 Jul 2005
  15. Rh1n0x

Rh1n0x What's a Dremel?

Looks like you didn't glue it real tight and nice. Because the 'copper' coloured anti-freeze attaches to the glue and isn't going of in the waterflow? :eyebrow:

16. bullfrog

Ok so You think it could be copper that is present in the anti freeze that is ataching itself to the glue. What would not gluing it tight enough have to do with it, or am I reading it wrong, could you maybe explain pls? And finally, how would I fix it?

17. bullfrog

Well the old res came loose at the pump and is leaking so I found a new container sponsored by leantheric.
    [​IMG]

I have also been testing a few methods of gluing perspex. PVC weld does stick but takes a long while to dry and looks bad. Perspex fillings and chloroform mixed works great and is very strong, but makes air bubbles if spread on to thick. If you have any ideas on getting rid of the bubbles pls post em up. I am gonna try to brush the chloroform mix onto the work piece in layers to get rid of the bubbles.

I have done a small mod on my keyboard. I changed the stock green led's to superbright blue led's.
    [​IMG]

18. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

Shame.... that res looked really sweet

good looking mod, keep up with the good work

19. bullfrog

Ok well I finally got to some more modding this weekend. I am almost finished with the new res. I am still gonna seal it on monday with marine silicone if it doesn't com loose like last time.

Here is a test fit pic of the pump and lid. I still have to drill 2 more holes in the top:
    [​IMG]

Here is the top fitted with everything:
    [​IMG]

I have also started to just make overclocking easier when I have the pc in my case. I took out the front usb ports and have replaced it with a little plastic panel and pcb from which I can read the voltages from my cpu and ram. I will also be able to up both those voltages via the front panel and a small screw driver.

Here is the old usb ports, new cheap plastic panel and pcb:
    [​IMG]

Here is the back, with the "ports" the multimeter will fit into through the front:
    [​IMG]

Here is the front with the multimeter stuck into the ports in the front:
    [​IMG]

And here is the old vdimm mod that will be replaced by losdering and will be accesible through the front:
    [​IMG]

More updates next week hopefully!

20. bullfrog

Very big update!!!!!

I have been a little busy with school work and exams lately and haven't had the time to mod or update this thread. Exams are finally over and school holidays have begun, so I have time to mod again :)

I took a little idea from modsquad and made an aluminium cover plate for my hdd bay to make it look smoother and more professional.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]