1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. AmmoCell

AmmoCell What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty sure this is my first post in these forums...

...I just read through the whole thing -- well, most of it, except the parts near the end where my eyes glazed over (it's after 3.30 am here!) -- and all I can say is holy crap. Except it should sound more like "HOLY CRAP!" because this whole project is, in a word, beautiful. :rock:

I'm slowly building up a collection of parts before I settle in on what I want to do, but reading project logs like this really makes me wish I had the $$$ to acquire everything and get to work! But I'm poor, so :waah:

I just thought I would de-lurk and let you know I really love the looks of this stuff!

2. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

You have a great project cooking. I just read it through. There is no way you posted soo many times that the "powers-that-be" said don't let Franklin mod his last post..Something is wrong. BTW, Your project plain "kicks ass".. Spilling blood for the mod-gods is the ulitmate sacrifice< and as you have paid in full, the dark powers of the AMD FX55 will smile down on you..

3. modsquad

Thanks, and welcome to the project logs. I love (1) post people. I am glad my little project "de-lurked" you.......

4. modsquad

I to am looking forward to seeing the Aqua-Computer Aquaero VFD in action same as you , soon.. No wires will show from the unit. All will exit the left-hand side of the 5.25" bay and move down into the "black-hole" of wires...
    I am looking forward to PROJECT FIREHED. You have been so helpful with my project, I can only hope to do the same with yours... :thumb:

Last edited: 31 Jan 2005
  5. AmmoCell

AmmoCell What's a Dremel?

MS, I have a question for you -- hopefully nothing too esoteric! Back on page...I don't know, but it was relatively early...you had some posts regarding (I think!) a Bulgin vandal-resistant switch that you'd somehow disassembled. One of the things I'd like to do is replace the red or whatever color LEDs in the lighted switches with white ones. Was it a major pain to take the switch apart, or were you able to do it with relative ease? Thanks for your time!

Last edited: 31 Jan 2005
  6. LeCerveau(DK)

LeCerveau(DK) What's a Dremel?

Hi

I am new to this forum, as a user. But I have been following you projekt from the start.. :clap: :clap: I LOVE IT!!!

If I speal some words wrong, its because I am from Denmark....

I have a V1200, and I bought it after seeing your projekt. I also use H20 cooling and a lot of aqua computer stuff.... :D

BUT: Even though I find you modd almost perfect, I CAN NOT BELIEVE you gave up the clear tubes..... :waah: :waah: :waah: USE CLEAR and some red dye???

But Great Job Thumps up from Denmark..... :D

7. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I disagree with you LeCerveau(DK), the black hoses are beautiful. They fit perfectly into this mod. Why should it be clear? The only advantage I can think of is being able to see air bubbles. Many first time watercooler users choose clear waterblocks and hoses because they think they can see the water flowing, but actually you don't see it flow at all. ( I thought the same when I had never seen watercooling before :D )

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Indeed... I'm tempted to get some black tubing myself but I'd lose the really cool UV color I can get. If you just flick the tubes with your fingers a bit the bubbles go away quickly if they're there at all. Not to mention they're pretty unique for PC watercooling :)

/me hates laptop a bit more now that I have a real comp again because I keep using it's keyboard out of habit...

9. modsquad

No. The bulgin vandal switches don't come apart. I destroyed the switch in order to get it's outer-ring. :waah: Sorry.

No way would I go back and use clear Tygon (like soo many other people). I think the black is wonderful, (for this project anyway) I like the fact very few people use it. I am not a big fan of adding dye to expensive H20 cooling gear (there are more than a few UV reactive colored tubes to choose from)..

10. LeCerveau(DK)

LeCerveau(DK) What's a Dremel?

Hi again

I know you can´t see the water flow, :cooldude: but I just think that clear hose is more cool than black, because you can see the water. Black hoses... Well they are black.

11. modsquad

Exactly what I like about it. They are black!

12. fillip

fillip What's a Dremel?

How come you haven't used one of the holes on the bottom of the reservoir for the 'out' connection? Surely that makes more sense than having the outlet half way up where there is a greater possibility of air getting into the loop, or did I miss something further back that prevents you from doing this? :worried:

13. modsquad

The bottom of the Res. will have a temp probe as well as a dual led set all wired to the AC Aquaero. The red led will be (always on) and a blue led will come on (and red led will shut off) if the loop reaches a preset (high) temp. Pretty hi-tech..

14. fillip

fillip What's a Dremel?

I thought it may have been something along those lines. Very similiar electronics to those used in Nexxo's 'Divine Protection' device. I like! :rock:

15. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

And as it's a closed loop the water level won't go down so it's just a matter of filling it up all the way the first time around.

16. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

You could buy a cheap tap & die set and make some threads so that's no longer an issue. It would make assembly much easier...

17. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

It seems you have an other revision of the Aquaero than me modsquad, mine are tapped. But it seems they not only changed that, the button problem can't be solved with some washers as you did. But I already have another solution.

18. fillip

fillip What's a Dremel?

AFAIK the water level will drop over time even in a closed loop. It seems innevitable since the water is constantly being heated and cooled.

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Shouldn't do. Unless the loop is porous somehow.

20. modsquad

You don't have spacer washers under the three chrome buttons? I have two Aqua-Computer Aquaero VFD rev. 3.07's (one for another project) and both are the same.