1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Interfacing to Seiko G191C Graphic LCD

Discussion in 'Modding' started by grey_fox, 31 Jan 2005.

1. grey_fox

grey_fox What's a Dremel?

Hi guys and gals,

I recently bought a graphic lcd off ebay for £5.50, which is pretty damn cheap, considering I payed £10 for a 2x16 alphanumeric lcd from maplin. I've got the datasheet for this lcd here , and after looking through it, it seems that it doesn't have an lcd controller which, from my initial research on google, means a headache :wallbash:.

I don't really wanna sell this lcd on, as its a decent size (192x128 pixel) and I have a few plans for it. I am a pretty good PIC programmer, and would initially like to control this lcd with a PIC (for another, temporary project), but ultimately I want this screen sitting on the side of my pc case, displaying all sorts of random, but cool looking info.

If anyone has any ideas as to how I can get this thing working, I'd really appreciate it.

2. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

It says: built-in LSI, no idea what that is, mebbe that's the controller? D these chips sound familiar to anyone: HD61104, HD61105?

3. myke

myke What's a Dremel?

Saw this little bit of info, hope it's of some help to point you in the right direction.

link

4. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

Get a SED1330F controller card.

5. grey_fox

grey_fox What's a Dremel?

Hazer, where would I get this controller card from? or can I make 1 myself and if so, is it gonna cost me my soul to make/buy it???

Cheers for the link Myke, gave me some idea of the timing requirements.

6. CaesarC

CaesarC What's a Dremel?

Hi!

I also have this lcd, but i'm not good enough at programming PIC's but I have all the datasheets to get you starting if you are still interested.
    PM me anyone if interested in specs and datasheets.

G191C is a nice lcd and it would be a shame to waste it. With a PIC it could be interfaced with a computer on serial connection or even directly USB with the right knowledge.

7. One~Zero

One~Zero What's a Dremel?

You can buy the SED133x controller directly from EIO for about $20. I believe they have a data sheet that shows a direct connection to the G191 (I can't seem to find it right now though). Try searching EIO for the G191, it might show up.
    SED133x controller