1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phones - Yes, another one.. shh.. (Samsung D500 vs. SE S700i)

Discussion in 'General' started by Lorquis, 23 Jan 2005.

?

Which phone should Lorquis wear round his neck like a chav?

1. D500

43.8%
  2. S700i

43.8%
  3. Other (I will state in a post below)

12.5%
  1. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Right.. basicly Orange contract up for renewal...

I can get a D500 for free.... which I can then do one of two things with (baring insurance scam, in which I could do both) a) Keep it... b) sell it on ebay/to someone..

and get instead... a Sony Ericsson S700i... (basicly... K700i with rotaty screen... looks ace..)

If anyone could shed some light as to which phone would be best for me and why... It'd be greatly appreciated...

-- Answers to some predictable questions.

- I mainly text, although make the odd call.
    - Should be robust as I tend to chuck it in my pocket and forget about it...
    - MP3 playing is not important
    - Camera quality is not overly of the greatest importance.. but would like something semi decent to incriminate drunken fools/mates.
    - Upgradeable storage space (Ideally SD.. but can put up with anything else...)
    - Flash on camera.
    - User Friendly OS
    - Must obviously look cool... no one wants a ugly phone.
    - Bluetooth!!!
    - Ideally cover up-able camera.. so dirt isn't an issue.
    - Orange is the ONLY considerable network. Suggest any other and I'll liberate you of your reproductive ability.
    - Phone must, or be available to get for, a Desk charger/sync (ideally sync)
    - Java - must.
    - Battery life mustn't take the wee wee
    - If the market is saturated in them already I probably won't want one as much (so please tell me of such)

--- Thanks, J/A/L <3x

2. CrOaKeR

CrOaKeR Host warrior 4, Vengence!

I really want a D500 myself, but they are hard to find at the moment. Been phoning about for weeks to get one. Its quite a feature packed little phone, and has had some pretty good reviews. Google it, there are some sites with sample pics/videos. Don't get one before me, or i will be upset :waah: :D

3. Lorquis

Well I'll be getting one regardless... It's whether I keep it or not...

FYI... If I do sell... it will be for around £300-£350 or a straight swap for a S700i directly ordered from Sony Ericsson.. (you know.. you buy it and swap it...etc)

That price as I have seen on ebay, is an extremely kind one.. even at £350... as I don't even plan on opening it... other than to nab my new sim card... I'll try a mate's

4. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I misvoted. Damn touchpad. But keep the D500. I have a SE and I'm not such a fan of them. They offer alot of options and gadgets for a fairly low price. (compared to other phones with the same options). So thats good about them.

If you want all the new gadgets, but don't wanna pay for the expensive phone's, then get a SE.

But I do think that even though they have the new gadgets, the quality of those new gadgets are sad. I have the T610 and it was one of the first phone's with camera (for a fair price). But the quality sucked badly.

So therefore I would keep the D500.

Good luck
    L

5. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

V3 Razr

6. Der Me!$ter

Der Me!$ter What's a Dremel?

7. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

I've got a D500 and it OWNS!! Awesome camera with flash etc and a wicked screen. The buttons are a little small but easily enough to text. I was gonna get a S700i but at £200 on a £35 a month tarriff I decided to skip it :p
    I'm really glad I did now as the D500 is a lot smaller and far lighter. The only good things on the S700i is the superior camera and fantastic screen. This comes at a price though as it is heavy and the large screen is very pone to scratching.

D500 gets my vote every time.

8. Lorquis

I will under no circumstance be getting a V3 RaZr. They're too wide.... but they are nice and thin... but i dunno.... Don't think the camera would be all too brillo... even tho I would much prefere a clam... than a slide/rotate... I worry about frucking the screen too much...

Whatever phone I get I'll buy screen protector...

At the moment I'm leaning a little towards the S700i... so I'll go and have a fiddle with each tomorrow..

9. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

S-E's are really crap for text, and using them is a chore. I'd get a nokia over any other phone simply due to ease of texting...

10. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Why are nokias so different when using T9 or 'normal' methods? I've owned many, many phones and nokias, IMO offered no real advantages in any area. Siemens do have a clunky text interface though but certainly not a reason not to get one.

11. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

you should be able to get a SPV C500 from Orange. Its the best phone ive owned and not at all buggy like the previous SPV's

12. CrOaKeR

CrOaKeR Host warrior 4, Vengence!

Update!

I got my D500 on wednesday last week and can highly recommend it. Spent the weekend playing with the video/camera, all is pretty good! :D

13. Rolo

Rolo Minimodder

not used an s700i but i can highly recommend the D500 also, one of the girls here at uni got one, obviously didnt know how to use it properly so gave it to me to have a mess about with.

she later took a video with it (can do up to an hour i think!) when we were all lashed and it was hilarious :hehe:

14. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

IIRC he already has a C500 and is upgrading from that.

15. Lorquis

naw, Xeno's the one with the C500, I've got the MPx200... basicly crapper phone but is clamshell

I'm undecided what to get cause I can get a D500 for like £100.. or S700 for £350 (or less on ebay)

16. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Ah that's it. Keeping getting confused with who has the c500 (I know at least 4-5 people with it now).

17. henson0115

henson0115 Banned

my friend has a nokia 6630 and itas an ace phone i like how you can stick a little camera in your room and go anyware and it will send you videos or pics at the press of a button

18. Lorquis

Problem with that is it's a Nokia.

19. Gabe

Gabe What's a Dremel?

im with sprint, samsung phones are the best, always have been using them and i think ill stick with them :)