1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amtrak delivery service... Problems anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by webbyman, 8 Feb 2005.

1. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

i Ordered over £250 worth of computer components over the internet payed for Amtrak 24 hour delivery. and they gave me amtrack 340 hour delivery *only had to wait an extra 13 days or so* :D i was over the moon :eyebrow: :wallbash: i tryed getting in contact with them all they did was hang up the phone... tryed to contact 'OcuK' took over a week of constant faxes, calls, emails to get hold of them on the phone... they told me amtrak would have already attempted delivery, they should try again soon... have you been out at all... no 24/7 more than 1 person has been in our house... also had builders round all day for a day before during and after...

Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with Amtrak?

im pretty annoyed :grr: ended up sending the package back... i didnt want it... again cost me £20 to get rid of back the the 2 week late parcel item... :miffed: :grr: :sigh: :miffed: :grr:

2. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Yes I have had a terrible experince with Amtrak once. They told me my graphics card was in a different depo and city to where it actually was. Took me over 3hrs of driving to get it in the end.

3. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Tell them that you're prepared to take legal action unless they apologise and compensate the £20 and extra for not delivering on time. When delivery is arranged, you're not the only one accepting a contract. If they promise 24 hours and take 2 weeks they're breaking those terms. This doesn't necesserily apply if there's say massive flooding/snow etc holding up lorries.

4. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

... so im not the only one :0

lol i have been trying to but all they do is hang up
    and getting hold of OcUk except when placing orders *what a suprise*
    is as hard as making your own motherboard to the standard of mainstream one... *practically impossible* :mad:

Last edited: 9 Feb 2005
  5. greshoff

greshoff Minimodder

So far my only experience with Amtrak has been positive which is more than can be said for my experience of Parcel Force

6. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Tbh i don't think the problem was with Amtrak, sounds look another mistake by OCUK. All parcels i've got by Amtrak have been safe and sound :)

7. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

Whenever I buy from OCUK I do my very bestest to get it RMSD rather than Amtrak. Even if that means making two orders and paying separately for each to be sent RMSD, they both get there the next morning with the friendly postman, rather than 3 days later from three kooks with an Ordinance Survey map and a white van :rolleyes:

True story, they also asked me for directions to a street in the next town...

8. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Personaly never had any problems, Had to go pick something up from the depot last week and apart from it being a hours drive away it all went smoothly.

Agreed that RMSD is better tho..

slater..

9. Carbon

Carbon Banned

Agreed, we use them at work everyday.

10. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

Amtrak ****ing suck
    used them once, took 3 weeks to get the damn parcel off them
    everytime they delivered i'd leave a note on the door or something telling them to deliver on a thursday, they would just ****ing ignore it
    rang them up, got through after a few hours and told them to deliver on a thursday, still ignored it
    in the end i went down to the depot to pick it up
    turns out their 'depot' is a ****ing tent with 1 person on the phone inside....

11. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Amtrac are crap... Took them a week (on 2 seperate occasions) to deliver products from OcUK at home...
    Ordered RMSD this time, which arrived before 8.30am ( :jawdrop: :jawdrop: ) but atleast a 30 the office is only a 30 minute walk away...

12. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

I orderd an n-gage QD 3 months ago, had given up all hope of ever seeing it till it arrived yestreday :wallbash:

13. nealgs

nealgs What's a Dremel?

Amtrak - probably crappest courier company on planet - nothing but problems with them supposedly attempting delivery, leaving card (not), attempting delivery following day (not).

took two weeks for item from simply to not arrive - item was eventually returned back to simply without any contact or apology or anything - bunch of slackjawed yokels the lot of em (not simply, although sortof for using a crap courier) :duh: :wallbash:

grrr

Gary

14. TCEuk

TCEuk What's a Dremel?

Got something from OcUK recently, i was out when they came round to deliver, so my dad went to pick it up from their depot near Heathrow airport. Apparently it was pretty shabby. T'was in some industrial estate or something and there were boxes everywhere. My dad said he wouldn't trust them to look after anything for anylonger. Made me worried as i am getting over 1 and a half grand's stuff delivered from Amtrak, and we no doubt will not be there to pick it up :wallbash: :duh: .

OcUK know how crappy amtrak is and they still won't change. Why ffs?!

15. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

Never had any problems myself, think I've had 2 amtrak deliveries to my current address, which is quite hard to find, being in Wales and everything but both parcels arrived next day, in a non-battered condition.