1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reliable Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tank_rider, 13 Feb 2005.

1. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

My third wireless keyboard and mouse combo in 6 months has just broken. I was wanting to know what cheap, reliable and easy to setup combos people on here would recomend. I have a budget of up to about £50.

Cheers

Andy

2. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Logitech usually make some good wireless keyboards/mice.

Try the LX500 Cordless Desktop. ~£50

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

If I was going with a wireless desktop, I'd be looking at a Logitech, I don't think anyone elses kit comes close to theirs.

4. T-MINUS 10

T-MINUS 10 Banned

i agree!

i would advise you to get the logitech mx duo. A little over your budget but it is well worth it. :thumb:

5. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

how are they breaking, not enough gaming anger management?

6. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

either logitech LX 500,700 or MX or any of the microsoft ones (yes i know its microsoft but they're not bad)

7. DaHoboFest

DaHoboFest Banned

i love my microsoft mouse, i think it fits my hand better than the logitech

8. tank_rider

thanks for the advice guys, i think ill probably go logitech.

As for them breaking, the mouse usually just stops working :confused: no abuse on my part, just normal use, so beats me.

9. creeock

creeock What's a Dremel?

zipzoomfly has the Logitech Cordless MX Duo Elite Keyboard w/MX700 Optical Mouse Combo for 60 bucks shipped(highly recomended). Im not sure if that is cheap for you but im sure you've spent twice that buying 3 combos in the last 6 months.

10. Florian

Florian Minimodder

Wireless mice tend to need new batteries once in a while ;)

11. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

It amazes me that manufacturers still put comments like that in their trouble shooting sections. I mean really... wouldn't that be the first thing you'd check?

12. gu4rdian

gu4rdian What's a Dremel?

:hehe: My mom got the mx duo for her computer and I was using it on friday night and I got pissed off so I threw the mouse and keyboard across the room at quite a high velocity. They both seemed to break into many pieces. Later, me and my brother quite easily snapped them back together and they worked pretty well. A very high quality product and very durable. :rock:

13. tank_rider

Luckily all the broken ones have been replaced, or upgraded under warranty, but i got a refund in the end.

And as for batteries, well come on!!!!! I'm not THAT silly.

14. 1n54n3

1n54n3 What's a Dremel?

I'm god damn sure that no matter what kind of keyboard do u use, but what realy means is your mouse. And it's surface of course. I use MX510 and can easily advice it to u as one of the best mice ever. As for surface u can buy Qck Steelpad. It's cheap and realy huge. And as for keyboard. Peak any. the all are the same.

15. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I have the cordless MX duo. It's great. Not to mention, the batteries for the mouse are rechargeable, which is a FANTASTIC feature.

It's not the *best* gaming mouse, I notice a little lag here and there, but if you don't buy a mousepad built for optical mice, it runs much better (it jumps around a lot with the optical mousepads, for some reason).

16. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

I find the built in batteries on my mx1000 to be a pain in the butt! If the batteries are dead you gotta put it on the cradle for a few hours instead of just changing the batteries.

17. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

which is why i still have my lil abit laptop optical mouse with me all the time.
    another thing you could try is when you go to bed or leave your computer for a long period of time (as in 1+ hours) put it in the cradle to charge it

18. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

Ya its just trying to remember to do that... a charge lasts like 2 or 3 weeks.

19. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

what i do is set my PC to turn on 1 hour before i get up (so its set for 3am) which charges it for an hour before i would possably use my PC

ever thought of that HUH TOUGH GUY COME GET SOME ....

sorry been playing duke nukem mod for far cry (personal oldskool mod :D)

sorry for rambling on its just noone loves me and sometime i feel i have noone to talk to so then along come jonny my friend i dont know how he knows when i'm alone or sad he just comes when theres noone around and noone knows of him

huh whats that jonny, no jonny thats bad. i only did that once jonny. huh the knife. well maybe just once more..........

20. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Im not 100% shure buty I think the mx duo (the setup im using now typing this) has some 3 years waranty.
    and as for throwing the kb and mouse acros a room, that is not covered under waranty. I see no reason to ever get mad enough to distroy such a nice setup. You need anger managment. The way I look at it is this... If im nice to it it is nice to me.

My old logitech mouse lasted for a whoping 7years (yes I got it in 97 for christmas) and still works. Logitech makes some of the best equipment bar non.

Sorry for my ranting,

get an mxduo you wont regret it.