1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The funny things people do

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 13 Feb 2005.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea, i find i do that - keep everyone *just* in the field of vision.

Also, dont ever (anyone) talk to me in the first half hour to hour after i get up. I like it quiet and my brain doesnt converse well with real peopel for that long. No music in the morning, no nothing. Also, anything before 7:30 is absoultely criminal and anything before 10:30 is pretty unacceptable.

Often, before my i start to revise for exams i need to change my room around, or have a small hoilday where i do no work - this basically resets myself into gear mentally that i should now go out and revise.

Phone in left ear, cant really talk well with it on the right.

Ive stopped a lot of the neurosis i used to have actually - id deliberately do the opposite in order to see what happened if i did it otherwise.

Ive got a way to beat all your bodily symmetric problems - become ambidextrous! I cant wear a watch, either wrist feels abnormal. I spose i could wear 2!? But i can put things in either pocket, either way and it doesnt bother me.

I agree with Fly though - you're all nuts. Im glad i dont live with any of you cause id piss you off no end.

2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Sheeesh, does this get any award for the fastest-growing thread in BT's history?!

<A88>

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

That's another one of mine... I'll walk around the house when I'm on the phone.

- When I put CD's in my CD Player/CD/DVD drive the writing has to line up with the front of the case

4. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

That's actually called ambisinister when each hand is as cocked up as the other.

5. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

The more I read this thread the more worried I become. :worried:

6. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Yeah, makes me feel kinda "un-geeky" :(

<A88>

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I tried wearing a watch on my left wrist a few times, but it just felt weird, so it goes on the right. I almost always put my left shoe on first. When I switch a computer on, the monitor always gets switched on first, then the pooter. My right buttock slowly squashes the life out of my wallet.

tbh, it wouldn't matter if I started with the right shoe, or switched the pooter on before the monitor. I'm quite laid back (or so I'm told).

You weirdo's ;)

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Yeah I find it's much better to put my watch on my right wrist, it just feels odd if I put it on the left :blah: It just means I have to take it off when I play guitar...

<A88>

9. quack

quack Minimodder

I wear my watch on my right wrist, but then I am left handed so it makes sense.

I have to check my watch every few minutes just to keep track of the time, if I am not wearing my watch, I feel very uncomfortable and have to keep trying to find a clock. I may even check my watch 3 or 4 times in a minute, not realising the period between checks is so short till I see the time. I take my watch (and ring) off before bed, they immediately go back on in the morning.

I find it very difficult not to carefully arrange everything on my desk (even more so at home than at work) and I get very frustrated if things are moved without my knowledge - for example if my mum dusts my desk while I'm at work, I have to spend an hour putting everything back exactly how it was, all the same angles and positions. My desk at work is pretty messy, but still everything has its place and I know where that is.

10. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

For right handed people it's generally easier to put a watch onto the left wrist.
    On the subject of handedness (is that a word?), I am right handed in everything except snooker

11. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Surely you have to get at least some sleep/food/work at some point? :D :hehe:

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Every days a school day.

Either hand is as useful as the other ;)

I like not having a clock/watch with me. I dont even get my phone out unless i have to for fear of people seeing it and it being nicked. I like playing the "what time is it i wonder" game and trying to work out how long its been and how long ive got. It also makes you more aware of the city and buildings because im always looking for a clock ;) I cant obsess about the time, it would drive me insane.

13. JuMpErFLY

JuMpErFLY Minimodder

Multitasking

Sounds like you already are obsessed ;)

14. mclean007

This is all a bit OCD for me to be honest. The whole 'not stepping on cracks in the pavement' thing is something a lot of people seem to do but doesn't make any sense at all. And the 'balancing' thing seems a bit odd, but to each his own I say!

The only things I do that could verge on obsessive compulsive are things which have a rational explanation. For example, I regularly get 50 yards from my house then go back to make sure I locked the door, or that I turned off the lights/TV/stereo/PC.

When I set the VCR I get paranoid I've set it wrong and check about three times.

Filling the kettle with fresh water is just common sense - it tastes rank if you make tea with re-boiled water. But filling it to the brim is wasteful. My gf makes fun of me because I refuse to put anything but filtered water in the kettle, but I can definitely taste the difference - I always catch her out if she uses what passes for water from our (London) kitchen tap.

I always put my phone on its own in my pocket, because I hate scratched phone screens, but I also hate those bulky covers for them, so I make sure no coins/keys etc. ever go near it.

I hate not knowing the exact time, so always wear a watch. That's another thing I do which could be called compulsive - I set my watch every day to my alarm clock, which updates every hour from the GMT radio signal, even if my watch is only one second out I'll correct it.

I guess like many on BT, I am obsessive about PC security, so I run two firewalls, run full virus scans, spybot and ad-aware far more often than necessary, update them all the time, and keep drivers updated and Windows patched.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ok im not ALWAYS looking for a clock, im just more aware of them.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hey, if it's passed through that many kidneys it's gotta be clean!

I do this. Scrached phones are the worst thing, it ruins a nice object.

Same. Fully patched, single firewall and weekly virus scan. 3 sets of backups over 3 drives and DVDRW/DVDR. There is no way i can loose everything.

17. fuzzball172

fuzzball172 What's a Dremel?

If my morning routine is interrupted in any way, I'm usually in a foul mood for the rest of the day...

If I shave differently, i consider this bad luck... and usually attribute any misfortune to my 'odd' shave

When playing PC games I can't play properly until i have rubbed the middle joints of my little and ring finger together a few times

when cleaning the sleep out of my eyes, i can only use my left hand for my left eye, and right hand for my right eye

toilet roll thingy too... it's gotta be taken from on top.... my dad is the opposite, when I used to live at home, we had a silent long running battle with the toilet roll, as we both used to change it over...

i can't touch cigarettes or dirty ashtrays... even passing someone a pack of cigarettes is bad enough.

after a long day at work, I sometimes answer my home phone as if i'm still at work...

18. mclean007

I do this! But you and I could never be flatmates - I always turn it so you take the paper from under the roll. In my mind it's about space efficiency - my toilet at home was close to the wall so if the roll was the 'wrong' way round then the trailing end of the paper invaded my space.

19. :: vic ::

:: vic :: Married to the Mod

-You can't sit behind the driver if you're in the back of a car.
    -You can't sit down when you're waiting for someone to come and pick you up you have to pace.
    -You have to close curtains and leave lights on to your satisfaction if we're going out at night or away.

I can't think of anything specific that isn't to do with actual anxiety based ones which don't count as habits, I'm sure I have some though.

20. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I'm right handed and wear my watch on my right hand. :eyebrow: Makes more sense to me.