1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body-poppin' In The Rain - Golf GTi Ad

Discussion in 'General' started by K, 14 Feb 2005.

1. K

K 528491

2. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

yeah i dunno but this advert reminds me of like new technology...i guess its the music and stuff , Ice

3. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

4. K

K 528491

5. Icecoldbagey

why cant i open the file on the 1st post is there a program to open it except winzip?, Ice

6. K

K 528491

7. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

As far as I know all the popping is Elsewhere:

"It was different for each shot. For example with the close-ups they would say just do a bunch of wavy stuff, so I would simply freestyle with some waves. Most of the full body shots were more routine based. They would specifically want me to do a list of moves, but to connect everything I would naturally freestyle.

I didn't have to change my dancing stylistically at all. They wanted me to dance the way that I dance. In fact they had us watch the original Singing in the Rain scene so many times that I started unconsciously moving a bit like Gene Kelly. The director at one point even told me that I was moving too much like Gene and I needed to move more like me.

If anything the parameters and conditions of the shoot inadvertently changed my style. The sound stage was cold and we had to dance under artificial rain for hours. To avoid freezing we wore wet suits under our already thick, tight costumes. This restricted my movement a lot. My shoes were quite uncomfortable and fake flooring we danced on was soft and spongy. I had to keep my head up and smile constantly which was very unnatural for me. Yet the biggest difficulty for me was the rigid time restraints. Since it was a commercial we had to do a lot within a small amount of time. This forced me to speed up my style more than I usually do."

Check out this Polo advert: http://www.boreme.com/bm_movies/vw_suicide_bomber.mov

No dancing involved though.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea, i watched that on TV the other day - superb. Almost beats the Honda adverts (full version, not cut).

9. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Citroen C4 transformer?

10. K

K 528491

He means the really long Honda ad where each thing did another ... thing. What a description! Like dominoes? Errr.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/honda-ad.html

11. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

Yeah, this is deffo in my top 3 ad's list. Amazing music, performance, effects. Just spot on.

12. emuexplosion

emuexplosion What's a Dremel?

13. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I have the Honda Accord one on dvd :blush:

It was FREE! :)

14. Icecoldbagey

yeah

no1. Honda Advert where the car breaks up and spells out the german words can remember exactly.

no2. volkswagen advert with the guy dancing...as said it reminds me of tech lol.

no3. maybe the Kfc one with the woman singign or the one where that vodafone alien is like goin through the airport terminal thing aswell lol

, Ice

15. ajack

ajack rox

Saw this a while back, *such* a good advert, that/those dude(s) is/are awesome.

16. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea, that's bloody great as well. Why are car adverts amung the best?

I ordered a Honda DVD and it never came :(

18. quack

quack Minimodder

I saw the Golf GTi ad last week I think and as soon as it finished I sat back and said "Holy hell that was a f***ing brilliant advert!"

Thanks for the links, now I've got it saved forevar!

--

That Polo one is hilarious, I assume it was banned from TV?

I also love the "Hate is Great" Honda advert, I can't help but sing along to it. I got a free bag from Honda with that logo on it. :)

PS Bindi, want a copy of the Honda DVD? I can burn one and mail it to you.

19. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I guess I'm the only one that finds it so creepy I have to switch over then? It's not the body-popping, but the way his face looks like a mask (yeah, I do know why that is) and it just freaks me out. A lot. :worried:

20. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I knew I recognised some of the moves :) I saw that kollaboration clip a while back and it's still just as impressive.