1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding I want to mod my PC

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dhcp, 15 May 2002.

1. dhcp

dhcp What's a Dremel?

Yah, I want to MOD my PC. Koolvin is terribly busy to help me when I go round his house, so I just need a little info. I want to put in a window, and some neons (Blue). How hard is it, can a newbie do it?? What are the prices??

Thanks

2. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

putting a window in is easy but if your case was expensive then you might want to practice on an old case first. If you have a lian li or chieftec case then you can buy sides with pre cut windows.

Cold cathodes are better than neons so i suggest you get them. Cathodes are very very easy, you just have to stick them to your case and plug them in.

If you are in the uk then you can get a cathode and an invertor from maplin for about £8. Otherwise you will have to pay about £20 for them.

Windows cost about £15 and can be bought from lots of different places. Such as www.coolcasemods.com and www.kustom.com

Last edited: 15 May 2002
  3. jamiesurfs

jamiesurfs Boom Boom, Cha Cha Cha!

Yeah, a window is great for a first mod! Probably one of the easiest, so decide what shape you want, have a practice then go for it! Coupled with those Cold Cathodes it should look pretty neat and inspire you for a few more mods!:dude:

4. hexa-db

hexa-db What's a Dremel?

dhcp - are you Bill?

5. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

I bought a Lian Li Pc60USB and was scared at cutting her up so i had a window put in for me by kustompcs.co.uk and i bought various things like neon string and cathodes etc and did them myself as i too am new to this stuff. I've a UV cath with a orange pained fans, reactive paint on edges of pci boards etc, NK204 on the front, lit base to the pc, keyboard mod, once you've started modding just can't stop, go at it man and good luck!

6. nico

nico What's a Dremel?

practising can be a good idea...

another idea is that if you have two systems.. you mod your secondary system first.. see how it goes. and when you feel comfortable cutting and stuff, you move over to your main rig. however, this would cost ya more as youd have two cases to mod. (it would look twice as cool aswell though =)

7. nico

nico What's a Dremel?

can i also reccomend a bigger psu .... all those drives on only 300w.. eeeep :p

8. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Good advice so far!

Just wanted to say that I remember you coz u have a l33t java script plugin on your homepage .... I can play with those balls forever, still havn't manage to confuse them yet tho ...

9. v0id

v0id What's a Dremel?

I still havent done a window mod either, but am planning to on doing one to a previous case that i own for some practice.... I think my plan is that i will cut out whatever design i want, sand it all to hell, and then just use double sided tape or sumthin easy for now to hold it on (no molding.. dont like the look and i heard its hard to install with the molding) You can bet that i will have a article up on the site on how to do that when i get the time to accually break out the saw and the case and pop a window in that mother... haha