1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics as an artform?

Discussion in 'General' started by CaseyBlackburn, 17 Feb 2005.

1. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

Ok i searched and didn't see this before but knowing me i can't create an original idea of my own with out it already being down.

I was wondering how many people here look at circuits or the back of motherboards and see a form of art if you do or don't.

if you want you can post some cool designs you have seen in circuits

I think of it as a art form.

2. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

there was a guy who did a really intresting installation with LEDs once... if someone remembers the guy's 'folio I'd appreciate it.... wanna have another lookie..

3. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

do you mean this?

4. K

K 528491

*shakes head and participates no more*

5. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

No I think he means the acualy 'wires' and solders on the back of the circuitboard. Well for me I think ya I do see it as a way of art, I mean if heck money can be art why not cbs'.

6. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

<Looks around a motherboard hung on wall, coasters made of old LCD controller PCBs and plenty of caseless electronic devices everywhere...>

erm, Yes.

The art for me is not just in the asthetic appeal of the "techno" look of the circuit boards and components themselves. But the fact that a lump of silicone and metal pressed into this certain intricate shape is allowing me, for example, to post a message about electronic circuit boards that can be read by billions of people around the world.

7. CaseyBlackburn

thats pretty cool

8. Storm Music

Storm Music What's a Dremel?

its immense.. esp the infinity case and the cube... :jawdrop: get one of them inside a pc.. then at night get the spacial object patterns he has like the ring on the go in a dark case and it will look like a holagram floating in the case! :rock:

9. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

Many manufacturers build designs into their circuit boards. There use to be a site dedicated to finding those designs, but I can't find it anymore. You would usually need a magnifying glass to see them.

10. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Cheers theo.. that's exactly it! Cheers!

11. WormSnot

WormSnot What's a Dremel?

I have a friend in vancouver that makes techy shadowbox things with organic materials and electronics he finds when he goes on walks. They look really cool most of the time... ntil you see a chicken bone and all you can think is ewww, theres still meat on this.

12. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Or an electron micoscope... ;)

Silicon Zoo

13. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

Electronic art you can buy.

Good for drinking coasters and whatever else.

14. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

WAAAAAY back in High-School, I was in the photography club (yea, I was a geek then too) and I used to lay circuit boards on their side, backlight them and take a close-up silouette shot in black-and-white. Looked VERY much like a city skyline at night.. Actually won an award once at the county art compitition doing that.

15. CaseyBlackburn

yeah a motherboard that i have now looks like a huge city skyline taken form an angle if i can i might take a pic

16. Bandit_zoraK

Bandit_zoraK What's a Dremel?

The picture on the cover of my microelectronic circuit design books shows a microscopic-view picture of a steam train has been CVD'd onto the die of an IC, which is cool because it was just some random circuit that they happened to look at under a microscope.