1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those Aluminum Panaflo fans

Discussion in 'General' started by Zero_Distortion, 15 Feb 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

Alltronics has 120mm aluminum Sanyo Denki fans here. The site isn't that great but the service was for me. Look about two thirds down on that page. You'll be getting them used, but mine was in excellent condition.

2. Zero_Distortion

Zero_Distortion What's a Dremel?

by the way I didn't get these for free, I offered to dispose of the systems for the client on my own time and labor, keep that in mind before saying Im asking too much.

3. Zero_Distortion

wow half an amp of power consumption and no mention of its specs. Also those arent quite 120mm

4. purepope

purepope Banned

when i was reading i though there was no fan blades then i though there where fan blades and where moving really fast, but then they arnt so yeah :wallbash:
    i would but thats expensive for a fan, i would rather go to the tip and get 5 old 80 mm fans and put them all together lol, thats so jibby :p

5. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

The Soyo Denkin ones are the way forward, they polish as good as the Panaflo's with similar performance i believe. If i need any i'll get them due to the high prices and rarities of the Panaflo's.

6. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

That particular model seems to be discontinued, I couldn't find it on the Sanyo Denki site, unless they mistyped the number. But judging by parts of its model number, I think it was either in their regular aluminum series or the long lasting super durable fan series that was meant for extremely harsh conditions, 120,000 hour life, all that. Probably not likely though.

Performance wise, it's about as good as any average 120mm fan in terms of airflow and noise. Maybe a little more airflow than average. It's not at all an irritating noise, very low pitched, smooth sounding like you'd expect from a large fan. For $6, you can't go wrong. However they do have a $15 minimum for orders, so get a couple, get some other fans, or just buy some crap you think is cool. It's not hard to find $15 worth of junk on that site. They even have little packages in the $5-10 range of resistors, caps, heatsinks, random metal components. Fun stuff.

7. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

So you are not paying for them, just your time. And it sure seems like you are trying to sell them. BTW for anyone interesed, Cooler Master just released their version of a fan with an aluminum casing. It's only 80mm now but I bet they will have a 120mm version soon.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

1) How long have these fans been used? months? years? Assuming the latter if being pulled out of old servers - how long have the ball bearings got left?
    2) What is the code on them - LA1/MA1? Panaflo fans have certain codes as to whether they are ball or vapour bearing and the typical 12v speed they operate at
    3) So this is a for sale thread now? Or you price checking? If you wanna sell em, post it in the trading forums. If you dont know a price, we have a price check forum. If you wanna show us a mod with them in, stay here :) You have your interest, people will follow ;)

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Actually you can also get them from Surplus Sales. They have about 16000 of them in stock, brand new. I obtained two and they are beauties. Although rated for 24V (0.25A), they will ahppily work at 12V and even down to 7V. Rated at 109CFM when running at 24V, I found them very quiet and powerful on 12V.

Like the 12V versions mentioned by Emon, they do not have RPM sensing but a guide on the Arstechnica forums explains how you can remedy that by adding a transistor.

10. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

I don't recall you asking.

11. Zero_Distortion

asking for what exactly? permission to use the picture? If there is a problem with it please let me know and I will remove it, I just wanted to show them what it looked like all polished up.

12. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

It's hotlinking mate, you should've asked permission as you don't pay for his bandwidth. pwned :D

13. Zero_Distortion

Done, I can post to the thread regarding the threads without problem however correct?

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Uh oh :nono:

/**** hits fan

15. Zero_Distortion

It's been taken care of quite some time ago, please keep off topic posts to yourself, I don't need you pointing you finger at me as if I'm a child. thank you.

16. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Maybe if you would stop acting like one there would be no need :hehe:

Seriously though, $40 for a fan is way overpriced. There are cheaper sources for them elsewhere, as previously pointed out (some for as low as $6 iirc) :thumb:

(And you do realize that Bindibadgi is a mod, don't you? :worried: )

17. Zero_Distortion

When was that exactly?

1. Your thread crapping
    2. maybe they are a bit expensive but I have paid that for them in the past when customers absolutely wanted nothing but Panaflo's, even after I mentioned cheaper alternatives. Some people prefer quality over cheap imitations. For example you can buy a nice colored case with a window and blowholes for less than $50 but for some strange reason people are still paying hundreds and some more than a thousand for cases by some very skilled artists like MNPCTech for example. Why don't you tell them about their cases what you just told me about the fans and see how they react. Sometimes quality wins over price, thats why you'll almost never see a Porche or Ferrari leftover model. Oh and I've already sold about 2 dozen fans at my asking price.
    3. I will reduce the price on the rest just to get rid of them.

No I didn't because it says banned under his name instead of mod, a mod wouldn't be spamming a thread with his own opinions.

Please no more threadcrapping. Let's get back ON THE TOPIC AT HAND!

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

1) Actually he's giving his opinion which he's free to do in GD. To be honest, we didnt know where this goes - hence it being bounced around half a dozen subforums cause you dont really know what you're doing - interest check? price check? selling? discussion about alu fans???
    2) If you wanna sell them without people "thread crapping" post a FS thread with a set price, that's why we have trading forums :)
    3) http://forums.bit-tech.net/showgroups.php?
    4) I gotta say Panaflo's are the best fans youll ever buy, but $40 is still pretty pricy for something that shifts air. I spose if you want them for a custom case build it could be worth the cash though
    4) This mod was merely poking fun at your bad netticate - it's not cool to rip off other peoples pics, and you were caught so har har ;)

5) So, if you've already sold 2 dozen - then you're a trader?? :eyebrow:

19. crimandevil

crimandevil What's a Dremel?

Paying $40 for a fan is just crazy/stupid, I could never justify paying more then $20 for a fan and that's pushing it. Count me out. :(

20. Zero_Distortion

1. I didn't realize we were in GD, guess someone moved the thread here.
    2. It was put it modding to let others know of availability, no other reason. Asking where to buy certain products in modding is ok though huh? Companies post product availability and new stuff there, this was no different.
    3. I've spent thousands on something that shifts air, guess it depends on your wallet and how much air you wanna move.
    4. Sorry bindibagi for assumiung you were being other than humorous
    5. What do you mean am I a trader?
    6. *** it's hopeless, your all right and I'm wrong, everybody happy now?
    7. now that this has been moved over to GD guess I can't do anything about the thread crapping. Please by all means continue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.