1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning problem... [POLL]

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Anthony, 18 Feb 2005.

?

Wich kind of doomed city would look better?

Poll closed 15 Mar 2005.
  1. A our times city.

23 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. A lotr.(lord-of-the-rings) time city.

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  1. Anthony

Anthony What's a Dremel?

Okay, I have this plan in my head, and it's way great! But now I will explain it to you a little bit, and then, I have a poll for you..

I got this crazy idea, cause I was making this 3d-city, for my self. Not with computer. I thought of getting these two ideas (3d-city, modding) together.
    So I will build a city, and that will be in a case ! But i've got a problem.
    It will be a City like Washington D.C., or L.A., and I mean those cities right now.

I mean that theme will be doomed our times city...
    Or It will be like: You have all seen the lord of the rings, haven't you? So the theme will be like doomed city at lord-of-the-rings time...

Do you get it? Theres the poll.

2. Scorpsel

Scorpsel Imaginary Time

Ack!
    I was thinking: 'modern city, of course', and then clicked the LOTR button. Idiot. :duh:
    Sooo.. ignore that ;)

Modern city is cooler, and probably easier to realise. What exactly do you mean by 'in a case'? Will you make the case look like a doomed city, or the insides of a case? Could you try to explain your idea in a different way?

The current 'picture' in my head right now is something like a bigtower case modded to look like an abandoned, ruin skyscraper...

3. duggyb

duggyb What's a Dremel?

i think it would be a really great mod if you did it like the huge tall tower that the evil guy on LOTR stand atop and the top could be like a crystal ball displaying your CPU temps and other lcd displayable information.......the door could open up to provide you with your CD and Floppy drives and the motehrboard could be positioned sideways as in any case.....

just my 2 cents

Duggy :dremel:

4. Anthony

Anthony What's a Dremel?

I thought, that I dont wont to reveal my historical idea.
    But, here I go.
    It will be a computer in the bottom. And a plexi (or lexan) cube on it, and inside it will be the doomed city, (red lights etc...)
    You cant see almost any computer component.

5. RiPz

RiPz What's a Dremel?

i polled an "our time city" but only if you can do it really well, and do a really good city, like... downtown LA... grafiti and everything... merely because it would be a lot easier to research and actually move from plan to.. model...

an old-time city would be cool, merely because its something not done a lot... if ever... i'd suggest a city that isnt well documented, like atlantis, you could even sit it under water in the case, for that extra authenticity :D

6. mrmagoo

mrmagoo What's a Dremel?

I like the idea of a LoTR city but if you go our city times you will be able to stealth the mobo in one building and have hdd in another stealthig cables with walk ways etc. I think there is more scope to be clever with the modding of the all the stuff GOOD LUCK :cooldude:

7. invader crack

invader crack What's a Dremel?

id with with the modern city aswell bein able to research particular buildings and such will give it the chance for alot more realism
    and by the way u better be wiring up leds to run the lights in the building that turn on with the computer :naughty:

8. Derelict

Derelict What's a Dremel?

Definitely a modern city!

9. Anthony

Anthony What's a Dremel?

Okay, I will do the modern city...
    I will do the building of this strange plastic, (my father knows this sh*t well, cause he used to work in scale-model firm...

Now I am doing the "table" = Wooden table (pc inside) and legs, and on it will be the plexi cube, and inside it, the doomed cityyy :eeek: :eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

10. mrmagoo

mrmagoo What's a Dremel?

Are you going to mod any of the components to fit the model or use the model to stealth it

11. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

There are already enough LOTR ones around tbh, go for a modern one :)

<A88>

12. Anthony

Anthony What's a Dremel?

Maybe, I am planning to do a wooden bottom into it, there will come out the Cd-drive... But maybe...

13. T-MINUS 10

T-MINUS 10 Banned

another vote for modern city!:D