1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Patent Pending: Glowing UV Blue IDE cable - Activity LED ! 13 pics ! ->

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Avner, 13 Feb 2004.

1. uwannabigmak

uwannabigmak What's a Dremel?

if ur not gonna patent this, just take patent pending out of your signature...

2. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

deleted by myself... sorry for being an idiot

Last edited: 20 Feb 2005
  3. setishock

setishock What's a Dremel?

Try this...No charge, lol

You can replace the leds with a transistor relay. No moving parts and just as fast as the activity on the line. You could then power the leds from another source and they would be brighter.

4. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

Read the thread closer, other people suggested it, he hesitated before talking about it, and has been nothing but nice about it. Singling him out as a 'pr!ck' could very well get your access removed, and I hope it does.

5. purepope

purepope Banned

frodo, have u had some red cordial today, and if ur pissed off go on something like cod, rf, fc, or ne other game where u can kill people, and make sure u make the kills cheep and sweet, makes u feel better :p,
    the pitures didnt load, they just showed a small ?, i dunno im at school on an eMac

6. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

sorry people... i was really pissed at the time... as id just had a crappy day... and then i realised im totally ****ed for gcse's and am gonna get **** grades... i then played CS source... and took out all the anger i could... thats why when i then came back i deleted my post as i was being a complete and utter **** myself for saying what i did...

sorry avner... next time im angry ill keep it away from the forums.. for good

sorry to all for my pr!ckishness

7. blaffer4x4

blaffer4x4 What's a Dremel?

(noob) question

I was thinking about IDE cables with 2 headers: if you hook up a led on pin 77-78 on the upper head, and a led on pin 39-40 on the second head, can you get independant blinking from 1st and 2nd device?

8. Avner

Avner What's a Dremel?

no

both drives use the same activity pin

Avner

9. DarkInferno

DarkInferno Minimodder

it would be easy to have independant blinking if you bypass the second header with the led and a diode therefore only when the drive the header is connected to goes high will it light and the front acivity led should still show both correctly :)

maybe I should patent my modification? :hehe: LOL :hehe:

:dremel: Patent Pending : Glowing UV Blue IDE Cable with Independent Activity LED :D

10. Avner

Avner What's a Dremel?

Oh, yup ! that's a good idea !!
    +1

:thumb:

will you try this and inform me pls ?