1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows the new Settlers game. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Henchman:crg, 22 Feb 2005.

1. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Just got it, and it's not really much like the others.
    It's more like age of empires, and it's lost the humour aspects that were there, especially now it's gone 3D.

Still a good game though.

2. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Do you still have to build guard houses and the like to expand and all that other stuff, or has it changed drasticly?? I'm thinkin about gettin it!

Death

3. Henchman:crg

Well it's quite different. Firstly you start with a shell of a town centre that you need to build and an already built stronghold (where your surfs come from), you still have to build housing (known as huts), and you need to build farms for food (this is for all workers, not just miners now), and you collect taxes from all workers now.
    Also, you build a college to gain new technology, and can upgrade it to a university. I got caught out on needing to upgrade the stronghold, before I could research certain technologies, so it's not very intuitive when it comes to what needs upgrading and what needs researching.
    You can mine using surfs or build mines (in which case you get paying workers appear from?), but mines can only be built in pits.
    You surfs can build anywhere now, not just within own borders.

As I said, it's different, and they seem to have become more like other games like AOE.

EDIT: ohh yes, if you don't have enough housing or farms, and located near people that need them, the workers don't work.

4. tigra

tigra What's a Dremel?

screenies?

5. Henchman:crg

Okay, screenies as requested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first screen shows the main characters that you have to keep alive (with some surrounding troops that I bought later), these guys are called heroes.

The second screen shows an upgraded stronghold. If you loose that, you loose the game also.

6. Submerged..

Submerged.. What's a Dremel?

Hmm....they certainly look a LOt different from Settlers 3 that i have...

What edition of Settlers is it? 4 or 5?

I didn't even realise that there was another Settlers game out!

However, looking at the screenies again, it looks a lot more grown up now....*me remembers playing the first Settlers...* *contented sigh*

7. Henchman:crg

The newest Settlers. Not numbered anymore, so not 5 but Heritage of Kings

8. Submerged..

Submerged.. What's a Dremel?

Sounds like it's becoming more mainstream with everything else now in the Strategy genres.

Is it hard to play this game, compared to the other Settlers? In terms of levels and suchlike.

9. Henchman:crg

Pretty easy actually, only takes about 10-15 minutes to get used to the interface and upgrades, etc.

10. tigra

tigra What's a Dremel?

nice... no realy !!

Tags: