1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC: Project1970 (completed 20. Feb)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bard, 1 Jan 2005.

1. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

Gentlemen, and the occasional lady, the 1970 HTPC project is herewith complete!

You may notice that the LED stripe around the top is not lit. I might add some LEDs to it later.

The color I chose for the buttons is red. Blue wasn't invented in 1970, you know... :worried:

The hardware in place. As you can see, it's quite a tight fit, despite all the open space at either side of it.. The optical drive barely fit behind the graphics card (I didn't think of that...), so when I exchange it for a DVD-burner, I have to make sure it isn't much longer than the CDRW I have now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A full shot of the table. A yellow room with fluorescent light isn't the best environment in which to photograph, so I might return with some better pictures later on.
    [​IMG]

The legs have been anchored to the table using some 45 degree struts on the underside (not visible in pics).

The top plexi is fastened with velcro, which makes it really easy to take off for inspection or extra cooling.
    With the top on, the CPU temp ranges around 45-50 degrees (with some load). This is when the intake fans run at minimum speed, though.

Comments and thoughts are welcome :)

2. koola

koola Minimodder

WOW - That is a really nice piece of tech furniture. Top marks to ya :thumb:

3. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

i wanna se it with the lcd monitor hooked up above it and working in all its beatiful glory

4. bard

Hey casey. Then you'll have to wait for the photoshoot. Right now its main function is to be my desktop computer (and HTPC, connected to a TV and stereo another place in the room)

5. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

well i guess i can wait

6. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

How strange, I haven't seen this one before! Well, it looks really smart nonetheless, the buttons look cool :)

<A88>

7. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Great to see it finished.

Make sure when you get that DVD burner that it has a black tray.
    Sony's are normaly short drives, at least their DVD and DVD/CDRW combo's are.

8. bard

I'll try to get a black tray (and black bezel, as I don't want to take it off). However, It's not crucial, as it will hardly ever be open.
    Plextor burners are also quite short. I can't have it a much longer than it is today (I could switch to a 90 degree molex and gain 1cm, though.)

9. KodiakStar

KodiakStar What's a Dremel?

Great Job Bard!

10. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

WOW looks very nice, but my friend means the oposite. He means it looks like a boat with feets :p

One of the best HTPC I have seen in a very long time ;) very original design. Something else then a stereo case ;) like every HTPC looks like.

11. LuitvD

LuitvD What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    one of those looks quite much like your original design of the feet :) cost only a couple of bucks each

12. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

man that looks really slick, really fantastic job man :thumb: