1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: i-spider |stacker mod | 11-4: up and running (again)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by _ferry_, 19 Aug 2004.

1. Srjabardo

Srjabardo What's a Dremel?

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    That PSU ROcks dude!! IT KICKS ASS!!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I've gotta agree, the PSU is well-polished, and the grill is of the highest quality- you're definately in my good books :) Nice to see someone doing an effecient mod

<A88>

3. henson0115

henson0115 Banned

looks very nice and different

4. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Update

[​IMG]
    I realy don't understand the guy who has chosen WHITE for a chrome fan

[​IMG]
    Well, this is my mom's place, hundreds of small bottle's with all kinds of paint. It's one of her interests.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I would like to post more images of the PSU, but i'm having a little secret witch i first want to mass-produce before showing pics of it. :naughty:

[​IMG]
    The print is completely working :D

part 2, the baybus front:

[​IMG]
    Ready to sandblast the i, the holes were drilled withe the new colomb drilling machine, i realy love that thing :D

[​IMG]
    Finished the blasting. IRL it's shining like thousands of small diamonds :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After the polishing job

[​IMG]
    Like a mirror, what i wanted it to be.

Well, there is some change of plans. I'm not going to use 2 centurion cases, but 1 coolermaster stacker, because it has more modding potential in it when i take a look at the front, the alu sidepanels (easyer polishing) and also enough space left for watercooling.

5. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

update part 1

Well, cool stuff has arrived :D

[​IMG]
    I've got no driving licence (yet) So i got this huge box at the back of my bicycle. People were looking at me :hehe:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Who likes screwing? the stacker is full of screws, in many different sizes and models, keep them sorted!

[​IMG]
    Normaly the mesh is mounted on top of the hole, so the edges are visible, let's change it by enlarging the hole.

[​IMG]
    Polishing.

[​IMG]
    Mounted again, now from the bottom, looks much better :rock:

[​IMG]
    I've cutted down the rail witch is used for the large type's of PSU's. I have a small one, and i want to be able to show that baby.

6. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

update part 2

I was hoping to have some more done, but painting and sanding was a very long job

[​IMG]
    Time to get a better powerbutton, the standard one is realy ugly :D

[​IMG]
    At this pic i made a alu sheet on the right side.

[​IMG]
    Used some bondo to get it perfectly fit with the plastic cap.

[​IMG]
    And the almost finished result, note the edges, they need to get full hardened, so i can use a sharp knife to get them straight.

[​IMG]
    Because the mod is in sci-fi/robot/industrial style, or whatever i should call it, the cables are important. At this pic you see i stripped brake cable, with a motherboard connector at the edge, on this way i will mount small cables. The are easy to bend, and got great looks. The colorchange in the bend is because i was playing with fire :hip:

[​IMG]
    Almost all parts painted black, only some panels had to be cut and get painted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The polished sheet, this one will be some kind of cable guide, it needs the last step of polishing, but i ran out of it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Maybe you were thinking this one would be at the front. No it is'nt :dremel:
    I've choosen the back because i won't use them that much, and the back should have good looks too.

[​IMG]
    Last shot.

Well, let me know what you think about it :D

7. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

That looks really really really nice. The fan grill is fantastic, it's all looking so well thought out and your home made electronics are superb.

I am subscribed

8. Rufus-Seal

Rufus-Seal Guest

DAMN! good job man! It was following this casemod at another site;)

9. Peddro

Peddro What's a Dremel?

I like your new case, but the wheels... are they strong enough?

And i like your backside, with the IS logo in it :clap:

very nijs! :D

10. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys :)

Well, the wheels are included with the case, also a pair of normall feets. I guess coolermaster won't include wheels if they can't handle the weight of it :p
    So i just took a sit on it, and the didn't broke. that means 75-80KG on them.
    Oh I'm going to chek out witch of them i'm going to use i could also get 4 custom made feets, witch fit the theme.

11. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Arrg, the horror :p i mentioned that if i would mount the double fan rad. in the front, there are only 6 bay's left. From a total of 12.
    3 of them are used by the cdrom and baybus, and 3 for the 4-in-3 device. That means no possible addons like a 2nd cdrom drive (not funny when i need to copy a cd) and max. 4HDD's (i guess that won't be a problem).

So, my idea is to mount it on top of the case. I first wanted to put my reservoir over there. But i can also mount that in the front.

This is the WC setup i purchased:
    [​IMG]
    Only missing on the pic is the black tube and some fittings are ordered :) And on the rad will be normal black fan's. The alu one is for mounting in the back of the case.

I've allready been thinking about putting my normal workstation in this case instead of the duron1000+motherboard. Only 1 thing to change; The 300watt PSU would'nt be strong enough for a OC'ed athlon and other hardware. But modding another PSU isn't a problem.

12. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

looking very nice so far! I'm just imaging my v2000 on a bike to get an idea of what that stacker box must have looked like :hehe: Very professionally done, especially the PSU work (for some reason I just really like well-done PSU stuff, go figure).

13. Rufus-Seal

Rufus-Seal Guest

How much did you spend at the modding-stuf and your hardware en that watercooling ? :)

14. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

A typical dutch question :dremel:
    But it's now around the 700€. That's just only modding stuff, neither hardware. (while thinking about it, i would have enough money for my driving license when i would'nt mod).

15. rool

rool What's a Dremel?

Looking very good.
    I was just thinking about painting the inside of my Stacker but there are like a million places that I wouldn't like paint on. Did you tape all those? Also, did you prime before paint?

If you have any more pictures from the painting process I'd be glad to see them.
    Keep on modding, I'll be watching this with great intrest.

16. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

I took al the parts apart, so only the frame and other meta parts were painted. Things like the plastic top, and alu front strips were removed. I first added 2 very thin layers of primer, and 4 layers of black paint on the frame.

The metal top was mounted with popping rivets. So i taped that one. All the other parts were fully painted because there are no other parts that should stay in the normal color.
    These are all the pictures i made, i didn't took pictures while painting, i don't need a black camera :hehe:

17. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Me!!! lol, j/k. Very nice looking case so far, love the painted interior. What kind of lighting do you have planned? I loved the lighting on your other mod.

18. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Thanks, i was planning to do some glowing logo's in the window (spiderwebs in the corners sandblasted witch will be lighted.)
    The rest i will show you later, because i'm having some nice modding idea's for the reservoir, pump and radiator. Led's/CCFL's are also used for that. I think most of them will be white and some blue accents.

19. stu_69

stu_69 What's a Dremel?

very nice work mate. I have been thinking of getting a stacker case but I am still in 2 minds about getting one.

Your mod looks good matey :rock:

20. Thorn

Thorn Gaijin Studios

Gooodd jobs

NEXT UP PLEASE !!!!!! :naughty: