1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Performance Chip in a Taurus

Discussion in 'General' started by wasabiboys, 25 Feb 2005.

1. wasabiboys

wasabiboys Banned

Yeah I bought a resistor performance chip that goes into the O2 sensor and adds supposedly 20+ HP. I cannot get it to work..any thoughts?

2. penski

penski BodMod

3. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

In theory what the resistor does is to fake the computer into thinking that the air/fuel mixture is too lean and force more gas into the mix creating the extra HP (kinda like backing off the timing). In practice, it doesn't really work. If you want an easy hp boost, get one of those tornado intake things. I don't run one, but a buddy of mine swears by them - and I have seen a little performance boost in his truck (Ford Ranger). Other than that, the easiest thing to do is to replace your intake. Performance chips ARE out there, but are pretty expensive for ones that work as advertized.

4. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

dont even bother man, the transmissions on those are so shady even if you could get 20 more hp outta the motor youd knock your tranny out in a week.

ive known 4 ppl with tauruses including myself and ive found one thing. they work great until you go and mess with something under the hood. then its next to impossible to make it worthwile to fix. they are not performance cars, they are family sedans and should be treated as such.

(with the exception of the SHO model which is a rather odd car)

5. wasabiboys

wasabiboys Banned

taurus

yeah my friends mike's taurus is a crap can. The car isnt fast and its very light duty. He throw in a K+N and it helped a little. Maybe an exhaust...ora spoiler. The Type R stickers will add 10 HP to it...hehe

6. wasabiboys

wasabiboys Banned

SHO

they are alright I guess but they still have head gasket problems and cv joints. That is probably ford worst car.

Tags: