1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nose bleeds?

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 18 May 2002.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

hot weather gives me nose bleeds and headaches!

I just spent at least 20 mins over the sink trying to stop a MEGA nose bleed :rolleyes: ... this has happened over the last few days

stupid weather! anyone else get this or just me? :worried:

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

I get a lot of nose bleeds, but its more to do with the air pressure... it tends to happen when thunderstorms aren`t far away :)

3. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

i get one of these at least once every two days. i hate spring:grr:

4. Slink

Slink B7

i only have nose bleeds when i pick it too much:D

5. RTT

RTT #parp

urgh :p

6. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

i find that if i take my allergy medication my nose is almost guaranteed to bleed within a half hour... but if i don't, i'm stuffed up, but i don't have any nose bleeds.... stupid side effect of claratin d

7. therider

therider What's a Dremel?

Damm boxers get less nose bleads than you guys. I havent ever had one, a friend of mine did something like ten bowls of trifel once and he got a nose blead. He wasnt snorting it, Weird!

ride

8. Slink

Slink B7

THeres a steel works up here in the north east, called ICI,

Well anyway i was there once with my Girlfriends old man (dad) as he works there,

We had to go under this tunnel unground thing. and the fumes were imense, anyway he gave me a mask to wear,

"wear this mask, or your nose will bleed"

i of course didnt belive him, i got about 3 meters into this tunnel without the mask and my nose just trickled like mad, The worst nose bleed of my life,

Anyway, morale of the story is, ...........allways...erm wear a mask

:rolleyes:

9. viridius

viridius What's a Dremel?

I get many nosebleeds in the winter.

10. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

I only get nose bleeds when someone punches me...oops... :worried:

*Rule #1 - Never Talk About Fight Club* :D

11. Lag Messiah

Lag Messiah What's a Dremel?

I get nose bleeds all the time...I always have...I'm pretty much used to it now. Sometimes it's once a week, sometimes it's a few times a day. :worried:

12. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

the brightsunlight + heat give me headaches ... normally only until i adjust to it
    but i don't have many comparitvly with u guys but i get when i get them spontaneously its generally to do with heat or possibly air pressure.... not sure

13. six degrees

six degrees What's a Dremel?

Ewww, I haven't had a nose bleed for yers.... odd tha' :)

Having said that, in my physics practical on Thursday, one of my mates decided he would have a nosebleed..... He was just sitting and then *ploooooof* blood EVERYWHERE! It was really weird - one minute no blood, the next lots of blood:eeek:

14. CrOaKeR

CrOaKeR Host warrior 4, Vengence!

I used to get them loads!

It was normally when the sun had just come out or I got too hot! The small blood vessels in ur nose expand and rupture!

I used to wake up from a long nights sleep with blood all over my face, ggrrr! :eeek:

15. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

last year i had constant nose bleeds for a week
    I lost so much blood [​IMG]

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

My m8 used to suffer from them loads in summer too. Try taking aspirin Rich - itll thin the blood out enough (not too many though cause itll give u stomach ulcers).

My last nose bleed was when i headbutted someone going for a header at a footie game.. i also fractured it, so it was to be expected. :blush:

17. RTT

RTT #parp

been taking quite a few asprin lately actually, had headaches from the hot (ish) weather lately...

18. monolith

monolith True Friend

uhm..

Why would you wanna take asprin and thin your blood? That's gonna make your blood less likely to coagulate and make the nose bleeds much worse. Get a cheap humidifier, that will solve your problems. It just sounds like your nasal passages are drying far too much and the veins are getting split. The best thing for nose bleeds, if they do occur, is to lay your head back, pinch your nose and sit like that for a while. Leaning your head back keeps the blood from flowing too heavily into the nostril area, and putting the pressure (pinching your nose) helps block the opening and allows the blood to coagulate (assuming you haven't taken asprins, heh).

19. K

K 528491

Last time I had a nosebleed it was in my sleep :worried:

I had tonsillitis and just went to sleep all weird like with my mouth wide open all night. I woke up to a huge blood stain on my bed and my face covered in blood... Quite scary really :p

20. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

yeh i agree with monolith about the aspirin thing... but then its the question of which would you rather have... personally i think nosebleeds aren't as bad as headaches... or you could use ibuprofen :p