1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks DNS problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Froggy, 3 Mar 2005.

1. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Ok i think something is wrong with how my computer looks up the DNS for websites. If i try to visit a site, the first attempt will awalys time out but if i press refresh then it will work no problem. This effects all sites that i attempt to visit. The first page wont load but once i press refresh that page will load and all pages from the same domain. Wtf is going on?

2. spudevo

spudevo What's a Dremel?

i have this on some websites using firefox!!

3. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Incase it helps (doubt it), im running Windows 2003 with IE6. All windows updates and google toolbar. No firewall or AV (just formatted last week). Spyware checks are all clean.

4. Xipher

Xipher What's a Dremel?

got Ethereal?
    If not, go grab it, and sniff (turn off promiscous mode though), try and connect to the site, and take a look at the DNS traffic. Watch for it looking for AAA (IPv6) records, as many ISP's (at least around here) just stall on those lookups, and the resolver waits till that request times out before it defaults back to an A record. This has never effected me in windows though, only Linux. So, take a look, maybe you will find the problem that way.

Tags: