1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(stolen idea) What were you scared of as a child?

Discussion in 'General' started by Emzay, 5 Mar 2005.

1. JinkzUK

JinkzUK What's a Dremel?

Diesel from Thomas The Tank Engine, he was scary!! He got well angry in one of them and shook all the other carriages around and that made me scream and hide :(

2. JinkzUK

JinkzUK What's a Dremel?

I remember that movie mennequin where a fit one comes to life every night in a store, classic!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093493/

3. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

LMAO - I wasn't scared by anything on Thomas the Tank but god did one episode make me cry! It was the one where Henry didn't want to come out of a tunnel because it was raining and he'd just had a new coat of paint...so they bricked him in! And he got all depressed! This used to make me cry so much and shout 'Hennngrrreee!' (I was about 2) that mum never let me watch it. lol :D

4. JinkzUK

JinkzUK What's a Dremel?

:eek: yeh cos he was so proud of his new paint!! I have that on tape!!!! Man that was bad he stayed there for ages, he was soooooooo stubborn!

edit: was pretty scared of the ghost train one too!

5. Rubes

Rubes What's a Dremel?

I was scared of,...grapes :blush:
    Used to really really really love them, mum or dad had to cut them in half and take the seeds out,...but one day, dad cut one in half wich wasn't quite ripe yet, and it made such a freeeeaaakish sound I never wanted to eat one again. People tried to convince me to eat them again, but was like "NOooooooo they make noises!" it lasted till i was 11. :worried:

oh and i'm not very comfortable in planes really, hate it when they turn or like drop a bit, but i suppress that.

6. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

The Wombles

<A88>

7. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

As a child: Hoovers, toilet flushing, generally anything loud..
    also clowns...

but now I still am scared of.... large unanswerable questions and spans of time where i can see now outcome...

Such questions would be how many piles of carpet there are, on a carpet..
    And huge cog arrangements... fecked up things I always tend to think of when all feverish and deluded...

not entirely happy with strange fuzzy ball like things... eg... fuzzy poi balls... they're fun but they have somrething sinister about them....

8. Chucjy

Chucjy What's a Dremel?

reminded me about how much i loved ghostbusters but i couldnt watch the first five mins as a kid the ghost in the libary used to freak me out ... Ive not been on libarys since whichever one I go in I think there's something wierd..... :worried:

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's the BEST part about it! :rock: Dropping 500feet cause you hit a pocket of low pressure :rock: I think im the only one in the plane going "again! again!!"

My nans house used to have the west coast train line from london kings-cross to swansea go past the back of her house (about 100m from the back of her garden) and it used to scare me shitless when i heard it go by id used to run as fast as i could into the house cause i thought it was some monster or something.

Yea, that's what it is - dunno what's underneath you.

Freefalling scares me totally as well, still.

10. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

11. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

The film Dolls

My sister used to put it on to get me out of the house :worried:

12. RTT

RTT #parp

Damn right, man. The feeling of having absolutely no control over situations like that is so, so good :D

13. Is it a question..

Is it a question.. What's a Dremel?

.... its these tyoes of people that you DONT want at the controls of the next plane you fly in!!! :waah: :waah:

..... lol. :D :D :D its especially in a plane when it does those elusive drops during turbulence that scare the be-jesus out of me!!!! :jawdrop:
    dont get me wrong i love flying by plane and have done a lot during my meager existance. well have fun on ur next flight people :thumb:

14. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I used to be scared of pitch black...liek I would just probably sit there and ...rather die then move around lol or sleep till the sun came out...

I'm not scared now...

Also I'm still scared of scuba diving in the dark, that friggin freaks me out I dunno how people do it, i mean for exmaple a squid suddenly launching at you...

Yeah and swimming in a indoor swimming pool during the night when there are no lights in the pool :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

I guess it's because I once had a dream where both ends of the pool came up and I got washed down into the drain LOL

15. NissanFrontier

NissanFrontier What's a Dremel?

When I was little I was scared to death of any person wearing a costume I could not see their face. Clowns,Barney,Santa,Easter Bunny,etc. Hated halloween would hide in the house when people came to the door with masks on. I think I was the only kid who never wanted to go to Disneyland.

I still don't like them but other then that not scared of anything. I will pick up bugs, jump out of a airplane, etc.

16. wingnut

wingnut Minimodder

whoops wrong forum :wallbash:

Last edited: 6 Mar 2005
  17. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

:eyebrow:

I am terrified of spider's webs. I just can't stand them. At all.

18. dom_

dom_ --->

OMFG!
    i actually remember that episode, poor train :waah:

19. NissanFrontier

NissanFrontier What's a Dremel?

I don't own a Nissan Frontier I wanted one but now that they have changed the look I want a Chevy Colorado. Need to change my name :grr:

20. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

That song rocks :) /me goes to find it...

Freddy Krueger... now I think he's hillarious, but I used to have serious issues with him when I was younger :/