1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COOL by Corsair

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 7 Mar 2005.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. fev

fev Industry Fallout

that's one spicey meatball!

i'd consider it... if i could get it to fit in the shuttle

3. KryoNexus

KryoNexus What's a Dremel?

Does anyone else notice this looks exactly like the H20-120 made by Swiftech?

4. fev

fev Industry Fallout

ssssssh don't tell anyone

5. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Its all just rebranded.

Swiftech CPU block

Danger Den HDPE res

Laing Pump

Panaflo Fan¨

What else??

Corsair have thrown some high end components in a box and branded it their own. I hope the non DIY crowd are not fooled by this.

Would be nice to see the Koolance 2 reviewed.

6. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

As someone considering venturing into watercooling, I wouldn't get one. It looks hideous not sexy looking like their mem, not too bad performance wise though.

7. Cheese

Cheese Doc

It is indeed, this was clear from the off, but I don't see why it matters, I'd hardly expect Corsair to dev. it from stratch or do a very good job if they did, considering their lack of background in the area.

I agree, I'd like to look at a koolance :)

8. KryoNexus

KryoNexus What's a Dremel?

true maybe that they are not capable of dev the entire kit on their own. however, i would still prefer to see at least an original waterblock. the kit is an exact copy of the swiftech

9. Lon3R

Lon3R What's a Dremel?

was just about to say that Looks like the Swiftech Rev. 3 to me :eyebrow:

10. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Except it's painted better. 100% guaranteed that corasair and swiftech partnered up for this.

In all fairness I'd have rather seen a block from DD or PF but seeing as I'm not going to be buying one I can't care that much. And Swiftech is really the only (US) company that makes full kits that can be found at most online stores.

11. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

except the pump and res are DangerDen and the rad looks like a black ice or similar :p

12. Raymus

Raymus What's a Dremel?

Well cant say i wasnt fooled at first read. But after checking the forums... Would have liked to seen a pic of the case with the side panel off. But ive never watercooled so i dont realy know much brand wise. could anyone recomend a good watercooling kit for a Lian Li 65 case? just a mid tower with a 80mm top and back fans and of course one that looks sweet

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

No, the new swiftech kits use all of those parts. I got a Rev1 review sample a while back, this is merely Rev3. The block and rad hasn't changed, the pump changed from a 3/8" modded D4 to the new DDC and the FBK (utter crap) changed to the bayres. The rad had always been a black ice pro with those ~12mm pushfit fittings.

The only difference between the Swiftech Rev3's and this are color and packaging, and possibly who you order it from.

/edit - I noticed the COOL doesn't use the pushfits on the rad, but perhaps the Rev3's don't either. From what I could guess people may have screwed up install (by not cutting tubing straight or not adding the stiffeners) and leaked water everywhere. The radbox, too, is the same. Even the clamps on the CPU block. The PCI passthru seems a bit different but as I haven't been keeping up with the swiftech line that much that may have changed as well (another way to eliminate leak points, four potential ones in this case). Those could be Corsair ideas but in essence it is a H2O-120 Rev3 with (imo) a much better color scheme.

Last edited: 8 Mar 2005
  14. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

It is the swiftech kit, just with the black versions of their products, a shiny plate for access to the radbox, and a CD on a manual... I really hate that new res tbh.

15. Risky

Risky Modder

There's nothing sinister here, just Corsair getting a swiftech kit and branding it. Swiftech are happy to sell their kit wholesale kit this as corsair probably have a higher advertising spend and stronger public profile.

The kit will be good given that each of the components are top rate so they're hardly trying to fool anyone. Can't see any reason for criticism

16. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

I agree, the aesthetics are not particularly too my tastes, and better looking kit can be had for not much more but all in all it looks like a well thought out loop.

17. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

hey peeps im new so hello. i was wonderin about that i know its made by swift tech but i reckon its a cool kit , how does it compare to asetek hu give you the cpu block vga block and north chip block for 152£ ? performance wise which do u think is better? also does any one know how i can get into the computer buisness? i am 17 and decided i would like to work with pc's etc? were do i start wats a good route to go down? i have got a btec in engineering was thinking about uni but not too sure? how did u the bit tech guys get your jobs? my m8 andy know the guy on here called jamie

Last edited by a moderator: 6 Apr 2005
Tags: Add Tags