1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. Fahrenheit 541

Fahrenheit 541 What's a Dremel?

did very clean job on the wiring, looking forward to putting it @ total reflux!!! :clap:

2. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Fire in the Hole!

Do you work in the chemical industry Fahrenheit? (that is where my $$ comes from)..
    Total reflux it is.. :hehe:
    "fire in the hole"
    [​IMG]
    so far so good.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the chrome Plextor drive is there cool..
    I ran the machine for about 6 hours. Everything looks OK.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Honestly, that is a load off my mind. I still have lots of work to do before all is "said and done"..BUT I do have a computer. :thumb:
    Until then.
    MS

Last edited: 16 Sep 2008
  3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

it liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiives!
    and your post 777 lol

I'll be interested to see your load temps. Glad to know that eight months of dust hasn't killed that 6800u!

4. modsquad

Don't you ever sleep Firehed?
    "Lucky-7". Yes 33C is not bad for a small-bore H20 set-up with a Eheim1046 pushing H20 through all those twist/turns of Tygon. Your correct load-temps will tell the tale, but not bad. My AMD A64 3200+ fan cooled machine is 36C as I type @ you..Truly a load off my mind, to know this thing works.. :thumb:

Last edited: 9 Mar 2005
  5. modsquad

I think your correct. I spent more time getting the "red-light"(=GO) then soldering. What is nice is rapid cooling and nothing to plug in..

6. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

They are nice, but the tip is so freaking huge :eeek: Maybe my soldering skill is severely lacking, but if I was working on anything other than individual non-sensitive components, I'd prolly end up frying something :wallbash:

The project looks nice dude :thumb:

7. modsquad

I think ColdHeat has a few different tips (option, and more cash). It does eat batteries, and needs fresh ones to do it's job, but it is VERY portable..There is a learning curve w/ColdHeat as Firehed said (which I have yet to master)...
    Glad you like the machine, BTW..
    MS

8. mazlink

mazlink What's a Dremel?

Congratulation, finally fired it up.
    Have followed this some time, can't wait to see it done, hope it won't take so long.

9. B.Psycho8

B.Psycho8 What's a Dremel?

This is absalutely amazing! I can't wait until it is officially "done" by you're standards.

BTW, as soon as you buy a computer, it is out of date as far as I'm concerned, so there is hardly much use in trying to stay with the newest hardware. This is DEFFINATELY not out of date though. Awsome project.

10. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Nice!!! What is your flow meter reporting? I quickly hooked my rig back up (got a new case and everything) just to "test" everything. With excess hose and the restrictive Evo 360 I am getting .6 l/m at 71 Hz. Which really isn't bad considering I am using an Aquastream and dual loops with two cards.

Oh, what do you think of the FX-55? Nice isn't it.

11. mafia11671

mafia11671 What's a Dremel?

Congratulations! No billowing smoke is always good :D
    Mafia

12. Firehed

Yeah I'm a bit off... my sleeping schedule gets really out of whack when I have a snowday and sleep to 1pm. I'm going on about 4hrs of sleep right now.

Temps seem good, especially considering my (now dad's) P4 which recently recieved an XP120 was seeing ~56c at full load (fan at 7v but still...). I know Abit's read hot though so I'm not taking that too seriously. A probe is really the only way to get a decent reading, but in the end it's stability that counts.

Yeah there are three different tips for the coldheat but I found the stock one to work fine. You can sand it down a bit to suit your needs better too if you want to. Speaks from experince as I chipped the tip because I was blaming bad batteries on poor contact :waah:

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I've got a ColdHeat iron --it's good for quick short bursts (e.g. broken connections) but for more elaborate stuff I use a 25W iron. I also have a 12W iron for really delicate stuff.

Temps look good indeed. It is amazing what you can get with watercooling --nothing comes close. And you don't need to obsess too much about flow, tube diameter or rad size in my experience. I've got two Opteron 250s and a Radeon 9800 running on a single BIX fanned by a quiet L1A Panaflo --with CPUs doing no more than 40-43C. Which is nice. :D

As for Aqua-Computer stuff: it's German engineering --'nuff said. :thumb:

14. Neo4

Neo4 What's a Dremel?

outstanding work!
    congratilations :dremel:

15. modsquad

The flow meter is in the H20 loop, but no Aqua-Computer Aquaero VFD yet. It needs a mod to fit into the 5.25" drive bay :dremel: (the molex leads from the PSU are in the way of the stock Aquaero's mounting hardware)..
    As for the FX-55, can't say. All I did was the run-in test.
    Are you going to do a project log here Sho?

16. Tricky

Tricky What's a Dremel?

Yay, computer turn-onnage

Good to see it getting some use, case sill looks awesome...

Pete

17. Firehed

Well if all else fails go by my old standby:
    if (flowrate > 0 and temps <= max stable)
    compute away
    endif
    :D

yes, that was pathetic, but stability is what really counts.

18. modsquad

True enough. I just wanted to see if the machine would post. The Aqua-Computer Aquaero VFD only needs a small (=EZ) mod to fit in the machine. I am looking forward to seeing it in action. Flow rate, multiple temp probes, warning LED's. It's a very cool unit..A "must have" in my book (it is expensive though). :thumb:

19. modsquad

Small Update

I received my stuff from http://www.cuttingedgecasemods.com/ today.
    The Sunbeam Lazer Led units are Cool.
    [​IMG]
    IMO, these have an advantage over the 3-LED variant. The unit has a ball-bearing like mount, making the LED infinitely adjustable (360 degree rotation and about a 45 degree angle up/down). For $2.50 each :thumb:
    Two units put out a good deal of light (and TRUE RED).
    [​IMG]
    I can now "scrap" the 4" CCFL I was going to use. It will be a matter of extending the wiring (via 22AWG) down to the two toggle switches I installed months/months ago.
    [​IMG]
    The other part of the CECM shipment was more red acrylic, which I quickly put to use.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Still needs "tweaking" but you get the idea (I made another for the other side of the 5.25" box long ago, I have to find that thing). You are going to say "nobody will ever see the back-side of the motherboard". BUT, I see it.. :thumb:
    I used two motherboard standoffs to gain the clearance for the wires behind the red acrylic. Another red acrylic panel to cover the motherboard's "back-side". Yet to come..
    Until then.
    MS

Last edited: 16 Sep 2008
  20. barrientos

barrientos Guest

This case looks awesome :jawdrop: . 5star.

I suppose those Sunbeam Lazer Leds don't need invertors, do they?