1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Apache HTTP web server question

Discussion in 'Software' started by mattthegamer463, 3 Mar 2005.

1. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

i have a question about Apache software foundation's HTTP web server. according to them 68% of the internet uses it, so i figured someone here would be able to tell me how to access the site from another computer. i went through loads of readme's and website FAQs, but i cant find out how to access it. can someone please help me?!?
    thanks! :thumb:

2. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

what exactly are you trying to do? get at your computer (running apache) from the internet, or just inside your lan?

3. mattthegamer463

im trying to view the web site that apache is hosting from another computer via the internet.

4. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

you pretty much just have to enable port forwarding on your router for tcp port 80 to you internal ip of whatever your server is

and if apache is set up correctly, you should just be able to point a browser at your external ip, and get data

5. mattthegamer463

i tried that and it doesnt work. give me an example of what you would type in the adress bar to view the site.

6. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

7. mattthegamer463

well when i type in http://192.168.1.101/ it shows a list of the files that the site is made of, but doesnt show them as what they are, it shows them in a list. how can i get it to show the site like a normal web page?

8. mattthegamer463

also the page cant be accessed the same way on another computer. i just tested it.

9. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

make sure you have an index.html and that apache is set to default to load index.html (or .php whatever you want) also a lot of ISPs block port 80 so if you want to access it via the internet you will need to use a different port, i use port 3000 :)

Tags: