1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding OMG look at these handles!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Bboy_Jon, 10 Mar 2005.

1. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

2. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

And congradulations! You just figured out capitalism! Buy something cheap and sell it for a profit. :cooldude:

3. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

na they are no where near the same , zoom in and you will see that the first link is infact cheap and nasty....

4. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

Unfortunately, they're not the same. Part of the handle in the first pic is curved, where it is straight in the second.

5. Nitro_APBT

Nitro_APBT SpiderModder

Well, even if the first link is a "cheap" version, it's freakin 1/5th the price.

Google for "spring loaded recessed handle" and watch how many come up. You would have to be seriously ummm.... "special?"... to pay $16, or $22 for those.

I'm sure the "cheap" ones are more than good enough for a computer case. They're made for stage monitors, and road boxes. They're made for carrying boxes that weigh hundreds of pounds.

This is just a case of "call em modding supplies and idiots will pay out the ass for em" :thumb:

I've always thought modding and overclocking were ways of getting more out of something that is less than perfect. Not shoveling money hand over fist for the newest, and most 1337 crap you can afford (or your parents can afford).

6. sKuLLs

sKuLLs What's a Dremel?

I think the bigger thing at mnpctech is that your paying more for the powdercoating/chroming more than the handle. Which seems reasonable to me. I'd rather have a nice powdercoated handle then the....less desirable pos cheap one. Thats just me though.....

7. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Not only do the mnpctech handles look much better, and are crafted better (speaking from expierience, I have a pair :)), but you're paying for a pair. With the All Electronics handles, you have to pay $3.50 per handle. There's $7 for cheaply constructed, horrid looking handles that don't come with mounting hardware, or $16 for powdercoated, pro-looking handles that come with their mounting hardware.

I would get another pair of the mnpctech ones any day :).

8. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

i think they look the same, dont judge how they look (in terms of cleanness and stuff) by the pic thats given, all the pics at allelectronics.com are of dirty/greasy stuff

9. dj_2004

dj_2004 What's a Dremel?

looks same to me :confused:

10. KidModder

KidModder What's a Dremel?

mnpctech is so overpriced. Nice find though :thumb:

11. nick01

nick01 What's a Dremel?

12. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

their CF vinyl is CHEAP though! Cost me like 1/8 of what it would have from PolyGFX. Of course it's not here yet so I can't say if it's good or not. Looks good in the pics on his site though.

Has anyone acutally compared the Allelectronics handles to the MNPCtech ones? IE - you've owned both and can look at the two side by side? I plan to pick one up so I can make a better decision about that. Going by the picture and my own MNPCtech handle the only difference seems to be that slight curve and the lack of mounting hardware (which if that's the only difference would NOT make up the price difference).

13. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya thats the only difference i see, the only things youd need are some machine screws with nuts and washers, which is like 2-3 bucks

14. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

You cant judge a part until you have it n your hand.

The MNPC handles, I would say, are built stronger, and look better (a large part of the price is the powder coating or chroming, as mentioned earlier), than the other ones, and I personally wouldnt trust anything that looks that cheap to hold up a case containing $1000+ of components and irreplacable data.

15. sKuLLs

sKuLLs What's a Dremel?

First judgements are always visual.

When you walk into a restaraunt and look at their menu, if there food looks god awful in their menu, most likely you would walk out, or if not that you would order what looks most tolerable. This is the same concept, except with modding supplies, even if that wasn't the original intention.

You, or I could get away with posting a grungy picture, or maybe having a website with bad pictures. But a website for a company should make everything they are taking pictures of look nice, even if all their supplies are just boxed up in a warehouse.

16. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

i agree with that, but ya all electronics doesnt care, one of there lcds they sell (taken from other parts) are all nasty and greasy, they take crapy pics

17. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

I have to play the antagonist here and vouch for All Electronics. Their pictures may not be up to your expectations, but the things they sell are of very good quality.

There may be exceptions but everything that I have purchased from them, 7 times, has turned out much better or exactly what I have expected of the product.

I do not know about the handles nor do I care for them, but don't bash a business because it has "crappy pics".

18. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya exactly, if i was low on cash id get those handles, and the powder coat looks the same as the AE handles to me

19. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Old news.

I was made aware of these handles 2 years ago. I bought 4 pairs to inspect in person. The paint on 3 of the 8 handles had runs. Somebody out there may not mind that, but I would. My wholesale cost (per powdercoated handle in bulk) is more than the AE handles. In other words, You get what you pay for. I also include black oxide machine screws that I have custom ordered.

Bboy_Jon, if you wanna swap out and return my handles for the AE version, I'll give you a full refund for my handles :)

FYI: You get refunds a lot faster by contacting me directly and explaining why the product is unsatisfactory versus starting a discussion thread :)

20. Hal

Hal What's a Dremel?

and that is why MNPCTECH is SO awesome! and i will continue to support them in the future! [/suck up]