1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9600SE ocing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sniper man, 11 Mar 2005.

1. Sniper man

Sniper man What's a Dremel?

I bought an ai 9600Se and I have the cor up to 430mhz and the memory up to 230mhz. Any suggestions to get it up higher? Voltage mods? :rock:

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

why do u want it any higher......u're allready over the pro stock speeds.....

3. Sniper man

I am??? What are they? What are XT speeds?
    Well, I want to break 1000 in 3dmark05. :wallbash: If I let it break in I can go up like 5mhz every hour. Running a program to strain it.

4. Sniper man

The 9600pro memory is 600mhz!! Why isn't the SE any where near?

5. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

1) Atanum, We all ALWAYS want more out of it...til it hits the limit! ;)

2) Sniper, remember, there's an edit button..no need to double post.

6. Sniper man

ooops lol. Any suggestions?

7. atanum141

ok girls & boyz.....

he's got a 9600se which is no where as good as the pro or xt!
    its an achievement getting the se that far up an im not to sure if u've hit the limit...maybe u need better cooling as in the vga silencer or that ur card wont go any more....but as with the memory question....the se has memory that is not rated for 600mhz...the pro and xt r aimed at gamers and enthusiasts(sp?) the se is for you mum an dads usage who dont play games....

gettin the mem up2 300mhz does effictely mean ur running 600mhz on the memory so extra cooling on those maybe required?? but as said before maybe it will happen maybe not?? i got up 750hmz on my memory when i had the pro but i wouldnt push anymore....but its all dependant.

wither way uve pushed this non-gaming card a good way but sooner or later ur foot is gonna get lost up it's arse!! an u cant push anymore.

BUT the biggest factor that limits the performance of this card its its bus width...EVEN if u get it up to pro speeds the performance will not be the same...as the se has a 64bit bus and the pro and xt has a 128bit bus....raw speed dont matter if u dont have enough lanes for ur traffic to flow thru.

8. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

has the card got the 64-bit or 128-bit memory interface? If it has the 128 then the limiting factor will be the poorer quality ram, which will max out at around 225-240 as you have found. I dont think youll be able to get much more out of the gpu either, unless you get some serious cooling on it.

9. Sniper man

I believe it was a 128bit

10. atanum141

se's only come with 64bit bus speeds.

11. tank_rider

there is the reason for your poor 3d mark scores then

12. Sniper man

Got it up to 450mhz core :cooldude: but due to my brand new mobo croaking I have to wait will newegg replaces it.
    If I was to get a different video card what would be a better 128bit in the same price range 8x agp?

13. atanum141

how much u talkin about then??? an what mobo u got??

14. tank_rider

you could go for the radeon 9550 (i'd asvise getting a retail version so you dont get screwed over like me) which will have the 128-bit interface. It is basically an underclocked 9600, and so can be massively overclocked, but will produce some real good overclocking results.

15. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Have you got a budget limit, sniper? for under $200usd you can get an FX6600GT, which smokes most things in the radeon line that don't cost LOTS of money. It's probably the best mid-range card on the market right now.

Otherwise, maybe you should keep your eye out for a radeon 9800se...the powercolor brand (along with others) has a 256bit memory interface and can be "unlocked" to provide an immense power boost. It also overclocks well, and costs around $150 (prices are falling, though!).

Just a couple ideas, hope that helps!