1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Uber Comp Upgrade (Updated 02/03/05)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Robster, 31 Jan 2005.

1. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Well got looking at the back plate and was thinking of maybe doing it out of aluminum like it is but time and such i decided to make the back plate and a couple covers for the interior out of smoked plexy should give it a cleaner look as it will stay with the blacked out look of this case.

Here are the peices all drawn out ready to be cut.

[​IMG]

After much time and one redo got the back plate done for the rad and such.

[​IMG]

The rest will come later Here is a quick pic of the hosing layout going to have to get some seperators to try and clean this up a bit.

[​IMG]

Here is a quick litte test see if you can figure out the flow on this one :confused: :wallbash:

Going to get to some more on this oh Yah i know i have no fan grills they are supposed to be here monday Just waiting on UPS

2. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

:jawdrop: what are you using that rig for...

its almighty :p and proberly will be for the next 2 years... then it will just be pimped out :naughty:

and by an chance did you win the lottery to buy this rig :hehe: :thumb:
    water cooling looks sick too :naughty: :jawdrop: :D

keep up the good work :dremel:

3. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Actually i built this comp for a client i am working on a dual amd system that i should be starting next month.

4. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

looking real good dude.

Nice work there, good fit on those rads.

Hope the rest goes as smootly;)

- S

5. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

System finished but didn't have time to post

Well here are a couple pics of this upgrade finished and running am so far behind on things not even funny but am still working on a few things for this one still have to redo the vidcard cooler time for a new aqua-computer one also working on a new p4EE with 1066 bus speed and a fatality board will post about that one soon to but any ways enough rambaling here are some pics of the finished job.

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of the new fan grills and backing plate all set up.

[​IMG]

All the water running and tested the inside looks like some strange alien innards

[​IMG]

Over all this came out so much cleaner and better looking get rid of all those fans system is not only quieter but now is cooling considerably better.

[​IMG]

So that is it for this one hope you enjoy

6. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Opps almost forgot to post a couple night shots of this one

So here you go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

yow, what on earth do u need that setup for? :D What software do u use that will actually use both CPUs at the same time? I've been intrigued by dual CPUs, but can't justify the cost. Has the birth of winXP/2K brought about new changes in this market?

oh, you killed your pic throughput already. :p can't see the loverliness!

8. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Very nice, the tubing isn't as tidy as could be but I think in a case like this it has to be showed off with the UV :D I look forward to seeing your Dual AMD project :hip:

9. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

As for what i do with this just about anything i want from games to compiling 3d programs play around with maya a bit as well as a few others render times are pretty good :D

As for the hoses yah it is not that neat but didn't have a chance to get some seperators for the hoses still trying to find some up here and considering how much is in there and the parts it is cooling doing pretty good

The path for cooling is

CPU - Top Rad - Vidcard - Chipset - Hardrive - Second Rad - Res - Flow Meter - Back to Pump.

All total there is about 2 liters of water in this