1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Need help with OPTREX DMF-612N (480x64)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by One~Zero, 9 Mar 2005.

1. One~Zero

One~Zero What's a Dremel?

Could someone help with interfacing this LCD. I think it could be a very nice spectrum analyzer display (i.e. for a MP3 player)

1 DI data in

2 FLM

3 M

4 LP

5 CP

6 NC

7 Vcc +5V

8 Vss Gnd

9 Vee

10 NC

At +25°C, Vee is -7.7V in relation to Gnd. Abs. Max. is -12V.

2. Henri

Henri What's a Dremel?

3. One~Zero

One~Zero What's a Dremel?

Thanks Henri...funny thing is, I was just reading that thread about a week before I purchased these displays :duh: . Mine, however, does not come with the HD61830 controller board. If you know anyplace that might sell these, please let me know. I will of course try and seach for them myself as well. Thanks again.

4. Henri

Henri What's a Dremel?

I should have written some more information last time but I was feeling tired and then only posted that link.

As your display takes the data in serially it means it can't use SED133x for example which has 4 bit parallel output. T6963C might be a possibility but I have never experimented with it and this kind display so I'm not sure. Maybe one day I'll get a display like this and see if some circuit could be build around T6963C that would work.

But HD61830 based controller should work. I have never seen HD61830 based controllers sold anywhere and also HD61830 IC itself has been discontinued quite a long time ago already. But there are still new displays based on LC7981 from Sanyo which is compatible with HD61830 so maybe that IC could be had somewhere and controller built with it. But I don't know where that IC would be available for sale.

One option of course could be a completely self made controller based on some CPLD and SRAM. Should be a nice little project.