1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Pimp my ride is coming to the UK

Discussion in 'General' started by Springs, 5 Mar 2005.

1. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Be carefull. Read the FAQ. :)
    The mods *might* consider that as a request for pirated materials

2. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I dunno about Pimp my ride but I watched RIDES on discovery channel and I can NOT stand hot rod modding ... they just look so awful it's just liek friggin dayley harvidson's ... awful...

3. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

What's the problem when WCC puts many TFTs in a car? It's as usefull as when somebody puts a window in a computer or sleeves his psu wires....
    There's nothing usefull to it it just looks cool...
    But nooo a TFT in a trunk??? Man that's so stupid... :wallbash: :wallbash:

Same thing with modding a computer and just putting an old system in it, nobody says something about this, but when WCC just make the cars look cool and don't do some work on the engine everybody says "it's sutpid... blablabla" :wallbash:
    Just to mention it: WCC did a t some cars some work on the engine, because it didn't run smoothly...

Damn Orac³ is so useless, computer modding in generall is so useless, who needs cool looking computers? Who needs all this crap? Cold Cathodes, rounded ide cables, alu cases... who needs all this crap? it doesn't make the pc faster... :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :wallbash:

Imho most of the cars they pimped at PMR look really cool.

My favorites:
    - 1988 Daihatsu Hi-Jet
    - 1967 Ford Mustang
    - 1985 Ford Ranger
    - 1984 Nissan Maxima Station Wagon
    - 1958 Volkswagen Bus <- Best one *gg*
    - 1985 Ford Econoline

And the most ugly one: 1989 Nissan 240 SX (well it's ugly too without the WCC pimping lol )

4. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

because they become more form than function. Orac3 looks nice BUT it still works/performs its intended function as a PC. on pmr they fill the boot with useless crap like a basketball court and fill the back seats with a waterfall how the hell are you going to use a car for its intened perpose of carrying people and their belongings about?

5. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

What channel are Rides and Overhaulin on?
    UK?
    Sky channel numbers?

American hotrod and American chopper are good.
    Monster Garage is ok, the ice rink thing was good

6. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

133. dunno about rides

7. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

You carry people in the trunk of your car? :eyebrow:
    And the waterfall was just in the middle of the rear seats so there could sit two people... :p

And a car is not just used for carrying people around, it's used to drive...

8. Shambla

Shambla What's a Dremel?

Not only that but I seem to remember being told at some point that he is actually the son of the arch-bishop of Tunbridge Wells (or something equally improbable). It would be good if someone could confirm/deny this fact, as I can't remember how reliable the source was. The dude is absolutely hilarious though, particularly when he starts going on about stuff like how they 'tore down Slough like the big dogs they are' (followed by several solid minutes of sound effects).

9. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

....people around. 'nuff said.

10. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

hmm, viewed some episodes of overhaulin', well... it's much better than pimp my ride :eeek: :D

11. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

i very much like pimp my ride, when they do nice things i draw the line when they add things like gongs fireplaces and waterfalls, but then again i guess thats what pimping is all about. :hehe:

American Hot Rod is very good but the diouloge sucks, its exactly the same as American Chopper. And becasue the show is scripted its tough for me to get into the drama b/c you never actually know when its real. :wallbash:

Monster garage was great when they used to make the vehicals look stock but lately its been too over the top, but i did like the recent rat rod.

Rides is good but sometimes it gets boring, like when they show the clay sculpture prosess that has already been on the show 3 times, with 3 of Fords
    Concept Cars

Over hauling is great but i dont like the male host and thier "pranks" very non-realistic imo and recently the paint jobs have gone from very taste full to very over the top and ugly on some cars.

The real good shows to watch are on Spike Tv on sat-sun (formerly TNN)
    HorsePowerTV, Trucks, Car And Driver
    There is no beter host than Stacy on Trucks he explains everything in great detail and it is my favorite show for that reason and i dont even like trucks. :thumb:

Last edited: 23 Mar 2005
  12. FILTHY1337

i agree, i would love to see under the hood of some of the "finished" cars from Pimp My Ride, knowing damn well that they didnt paint underthe hood and didnt touch the motor of a car that was constantly breaking down, what did they do....give him 5 tv's :hehe:

13. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Did you see trucks last Sunday? Stacy modded a 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Diesel with only easy bolt on mods and he pulled a 130,000 pounds with it. I have it on tape but i just got to put it on the computer somehow. It was pure American truck pwnage.

14. FILTHY1337

yes was very amazing, my jaw dropped. But i wish he did it on asphault so he didnt spin the tires so much, I also thought the tow chain was very small all things concidered, I am watching to see the hairy hauler completed its like watching a child grow :hehe:

15. Springs

Springs Boing boing

i wounder if the engines get touched at all... either by WCC or after the show MTV send them to get the engines done.... the only ep i have seen where the engine is touched is that WV beetle which was set up as a beach buggy and the engine was stuck out that back... but all they did i believe was clean it up..

i like it to see what sort of things they put into cars.. and how they incorporate it all..

but it does get stupid when they put crap in the cars.. like a fish tank and a tv under the car... <-- thats stupid as when you go over a hump or whatever you would probably scratch it up loads...

but one thing i would like them to do is maybe at the end of the series go back to the ppl and see how there cars are doing... i bet some of them either sold them or they either got nicked or smashed up :D :D :D

16. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Sounds alright

I seriously hope they don't plan to draft in Tim Westwood - he's just plain embarrasing with his stupid voice and spaced out buzzwords. He's soo damn dumb, and trying desperately to be something he quite obviously isn't.

17. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

18. ////\oo/\\\\

////\oo/\\\\ Minimodder

I've heard (and seen the add!!! :eeek: ) that VH1 are going to do a show called 'Chav my Motor'

What is the world coming to! :wallbash:

19. penski

penski BodMod

Was it a tractor-pull style thing?

If so, the truck wouldn't have moved an inch on asphalt.

They are designed to spin the tyres and throw back the loose upper surface...that is how they get traction and forward propulsion.

*n

20. Dodge

Dodge What's a Dremel?

Oh Dear.

I can see this becoming very "chav" friendly, espically if they get tim westood on it. would be funny if JC hosted it :lol:

Tags: