1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod = d33d

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MrBurritoMan, 16 Jan 2005.

?

Should i have to pay for the repair / replacement?

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    22.5%
  2. No

124 vote(s)
    77.5%
  1. mUrml

mUrml What's a Dremel?

Sorry to hear, but don't make his mistake. DO not tamper with anything, try getting it replaced on the warranty.

- No to be mean or anything, I think you'd have to pay for the repair. It was you who tampered with it, instead you should have shipped it to the dealer in the first place :)

But sorry to hear about that one... :)

2. B£AST

B£AST What's a Dremel?

I would strongly recomend a 5 gig creative zen micro. I had a 3rd gen ipod that lost its battery power it went from 6 hours ( it should have been 10) to about 35 minuted and I decidd it was time to change, I thought an iriver would be good but in the end I went with the creative micro - awesome!

3. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Ditto, get a Zen Touch or micro. We've got a guy in our class at school who we've taunted ever since he got an iPod (in a nice way, of course ;)) mainly due to the fact that he thought it was the best thing since sliced bread yeah was blatently not as good as my friend's Zen Touch. And guess what? It broke! He can't take songs off or anything anymore.

<A88>

4. nick[x1]

nick[x1] What's a Dremel?

Dont get another iPod, the only good things about it, its stylish (but to many people have them now so its going out of fasion), its got a cool scroll wheel :p
    And to be honest i dont like mine to much, 1 in 5 people have one at college (well its close to that) and its just pointless, its better to be diffrent :p

You should take the hdd out and make a mini pc with it :)
    And then buy a new mp3 player, dont know what type though, the irivers seem nice bit big though

Just my 2p

5. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

I've found that they're quite reasonably sized, and definitely small enough to fit in a pocket or something. :)

6. nick[x1]

There about the same height and width of the ipod but i found them to be quite thick, maybe its just me but my 3rd gen ipod is only about 1.5cm thick

7. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

Nope you're quite right, the iriver is a lot thicker (the h320 and h340 anyway) than the iPod, which adds quite a bit of weight, but as I said before, I don't think it's unbearably bad.

8. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

yeah no worries, for now. the ipod is working great again and i hope it will for a while. if i do ever intend on getting a large capacity MP3 player it will definately not be anything apple-related. however this does not seem to be any time soon so no worries there. however i think that this might be a useful thread to start (or rather continue) discussions about apple alternatives. :D :thumb:

9. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

Glad it works.

10. mrpete

mrpete What's a Dremel?

go out and buy an iriver

11. Dr.Roboto

Dr.Roboto What's a Dremel?

:rock: rock on

12. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

tis d33d!!!!!!!!!!!111111

13. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

wow, guess BT 4.0 didn't fix the spammer problem...

14. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

You guys should try the Zen (micro):
    http://creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=10795
    I got that little thing, dropped from my pocket, got kicked by someone, smacked the wall, feel onto a table, bounced off, landed on the floor, skidded around the room hitting a few chairs until the headphones hooked around a leg and it stopped, picked it up, flipped it on, selected a song, and listened to music, everything worked fine, it didn't even have a dent or visible scratch mark on it.

15. nick[x1]

Well I think my iPod has had it. HDD seems to be dead :( But not 100% sure need to do some more testing

16. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

i was thinking of buyin an ipod but this kinda makin me have second thoughts maybe go creative, or philips or samasung have a cool 20gb one

17. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

18. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

build your own YAMPP one. they got a HDD based one, and a CF based one that is really tiny. i'm ordering sample parts for all the IC's, so the final build cost should be <$10

19. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Get a Creative player, mine's pretty good

20. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

honestly if i could go back i would have chosen digmind or archos. oh well now i get to wait untill i destroy my poo-pod or it dies of "natural" causes :naughty: