1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!!!FLLLLLEXxXxXxX SuPeR CASE!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hal, 20 Mar 2005.

1. Hal

Hal What's a Dremel?

ok guys... just a small mod that i have been working on while i have been doing the TwinTurbo mod, just a little project that i have been working on for a media center pc. i had an old gateway and i decided to "hook it up" well enjoy!

well without further, here are some start up pics. tell me what you think?

[​IMG]
    this is the full size of it.

[​IMG]
    inside with the drives lifted up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

those are the plans for the top of the case and the back chassis, i might use two smaller fans instead of the one large one... dont know yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thats it for now. anymore ideas? i also plan to use a lot of LEDs! :eek:

i decided to turn the flames around and place them in a different place on the case.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    its harder than i thought to make rounded cuts with a dremel!
    its ok. i have to clean up them cuts and they will be fine!

then i decided to add a mobo window to show off some UV action!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the most ive done so far. notice i added a few small handles. they will be painted also. :D i have to clean up the cuts a bit and attach the LCD. im workin on that now. maybe a post later in the day.
    i want to keep it so that i can also just turn it on its side and have like an underglow from the window. so i will be replacing the stupid white rubber feet, with matching color feet. maybe they will be lighted too!??? hmmm.
    i have decided that this is going to be my file and song server. just a huge ass hard drive and some ram. nothing fancy.

2. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

ooo that's a large lcd! :naughty: i like the graphics, and the nice cuts :thumb:

3. Hal

Hal What's a Dremel?

i started work on the LCD screen mod. its just a first iteration.
    [​IMG]

i attached the plexi baseplate to the swing arm. once again its just thrown up there for now, i wanted to test the idea before i got to far into it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i got around to doing the faceplate for the protection of the plexi-- this is all Defiants idea, i am just using it to see if it works for me. so cheers mate! ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then i attached it to the arm just to see if it sat right and had an ok look to it. (i know its a little un-even that is just because i did not put all the screws in to bolt it down.) but you get the idea of what im trying for!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so i did this, then i relized that the LCD looked like ass and there was no way around it... so i dropped the LCD part and work hard on making it look just clean and good!

as you might have read...i have decided to not include the LCD, i will maybe later, but for now... no. i have started on the bondo and cutting a bit. i added 2 holes for the 50mm fans and covered up the vent holes and the flopper drive space. i will be sanding them down soon. the bondo is still wet. i just glopped it on there. i also cut out the mobo side window. here you will be able to see the mobo's UV tracing. i still havae to cut out some of the mobo tray so that this will be possible. well thats it for now. oh, i also bondo'ed the holes that i drilled for the now defunct LCD arm. mod on!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Hal

Hal What's a Dremel?

here you go!

[​IMG]
    they are now white!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i have also painted the handles and a few other things, but i did not take pics, i will when i start to put it back together! thanks goodnight!

i filed all the edges down and made them better and smooth! gosh! freakin idiot!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is just the mobo holder... since i wanted a mobo window, i had to have a piece of plexi that would support the mobo in place...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more to come! :D

5. kaotic504

kaotic504 What's a Dremel?

that's some great work, keep on modding!

6. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Thats some colorful work there, man ;) Perhaps you should work a little orange into it; we all know blue, orange and white looks awesome together :naughty:

7. Anthony

Anthony What's a Dremel?

You are a paint man! This color scheme looks great! I dont like always UV-paint etc... Mod on bro!

8. Protius-X

Protius-X What's a Dremel?

You know you've probably halved the spreading of heat when you painted those heat spreaders. But I like it so far!

9. mightynimrod

mightynimrod What's a Dremel?

Not sure if i like the painted screws.....but other than that it looks quite funky :D

10. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Mightynimrod, you said it, the case looks funky.

11. mightynimrod

mightynimrod What's a Dremel?

12. Hal

Hal What's a Dremel?

i was going for looks... its not like they do much anyway... especially at the volts that they are running right now... naw...nothing bad will come of this.

13. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

Look forward to see more updates

14. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

wild, man, wild! i wasnt too sure how that backpanel was gonna turn out, but it looks like it cleaned up really well. do you have the rest of the hardware picked out yet? You'll be pretty limited in what graphics cards you can use (PCI grafix are a rare breed!) unless it has onboard already. Looks like there's room for 2 or 3 capture cards as well! I'd recommend the hauppauge line of PVR cards as they're hardware based encoders.

keep up the good work!

15. Hal

Hal What's a Dremel?

you see with the problem i found here is that i have to use Half-hight or low profile cards in this system since its so slim. sucks, and totally makes my options super limited. booo. i have been looking atr the hauppauge cards for a bit.. i can make my own low pro pci plate, but the card itself has to be slim in width. i had to make my own for the vid card that i picked out...

without adu, here are some more things done to it!

had to mess with the PSU, i still have to sleeve it and clean it up a bit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now a whole back view! notice the modified video card bracket.. if you can see where i cut and bent it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what do yous think?!

16. marcoboy

marcoboy What's a Dremel?

I personally luuuuuuuv the color combination :) never seen that on case before.

17. ginx

ginx What's a Dremel?

this is going to be a cool looking case, i like the colors as well. mine is silver with blue and green ccfl, and blue and green 80mm led fans. the the colors blend really nice

18. (X)TORNADO(X)

(X)TORNADO(X) What's a Dremel?

Cool power... :thumb: :thumb:

19. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

nice but not my color style :hehe:

20. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

same. good craftsman ship, though.