1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Devil Vs White Devil * Updated * 24/03

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Manux, 23 Mar 2005.

1. Manux

Manux What's a Dremel?

Black Devil

Hey guys, started this mod on the 15th March.

What my comp looked like when I started, this is an old picture and wasn't taken with the thought in mind of sharing what it looked like, will try and dig up some other ones, but you can get the general idea from this. It has a door on the front and a grill covering the now red fans at the bottom, plus some gorgeous beige drives :worried:

[​IMG]

Lighting

As you can see my case is pretty well lit up, I have two red led fans at the front blowing inwards to allow it to cool my harddrives and keep air flowing through my case. I have another red led fan at the top of my case allowing hot air to be expelled. I also have 2 red cold cathodes which i've positioned along the edges of my motherboard which light up the case nicely not over lit but in my opinion perfect.

Painting Drives

*Sigh* there is a long story to the drives, first of all I went down to my local wilkinsons and bought a nice can of black projekt paint, well I got home and I had a tester drive from an old comp which I tested it on, came back 15 mins later when it had dried and found to my suprise, it was matt black. Damn.

So, the next day I trundled down to wilkinsons again and I found hiding in the corner I nice shiney black. So I went home and tested this on my already matt black drive, it came out better than I could have ever hoped for. Next in line to do was my LG DVD Rom drive, so off the covers came, now this time I didnt bother with the matt black because I didnt want a matt finished so straight on with the shiney black. BIG mistake, 1. The shiney black didnt take to the plastic well therefore not drying properly and leaving my cover sticky and wet, not drying even after 2 days. So i couldn't figure out what was wrong at the time so I just put a few more coats on hoping it would be ok, well it wasnt. Ended up getting the sand paper out stripping it all down and putting a matt black base followed by a shiney black finish. It came out ok, the sandpaper left some scratches but it looks pretty good.

Next came my other LG drive, this I did matt black first, then a shiney coat, and it came out perfect. 30 mins all done, I love this quick drying projekt paint! And my Plextor drive I ordered black so that was left.

I did the same for my floppy drive as I did for the LG's.

[​IMG][/URL][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------

After a good hour or two messing about with my cables I have manged to get them into a somewhat managable state as you can see below. I also modded my case and changed where the lock usually is to a switch for my red cold cathodes. I also took some better pictures cause the ones above don't do it justice:

Basically with the lock and switch interchange, the lock was positioned in a precut hole in the case, I just pulled this out and the switch as if by magic positioned itself perfectly inside the hole, I then just ran the cables through and was set to go!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: 24 Mar 2005
  2. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Could you furnish us with a few details of what you did?

Did you paint it yourself? What covers the two large fan holes at the front? Could do with a bit of cable management to hide the tangle next to the PSU. Other than that, welcome :D

3. 2800@2.5ghz

2800@2.5ghz What's a Dremel?

very nice, could do with a bit of cable managment tho :D

4. Manux

Manux What's a Dremel?

Hi, yeah sorry will edit it and including what I did. About the cables though, whats the best option to hide them, I mean I have 5 ide 1 floppy cables in there 2 usb cables and the mobo-case cables, I've tried and tried to sort them but, to no avail.

5. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

you have the same case as me so mod on and I wanna see high results :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

6. Manux

Manux What's a Dremel?

K guys, updated it with what ive done so far.

7. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

If your other side panal is removable then you can route your cables behind the motherboard tray, might need to lengthen/shorten them to get it nice and neat.

As for the front it's difficult as the holes don't line up with the fans... you could use a dense mesh and spray it so the fans lit it from behind. Paint the metal surrounding the fans so the grey didn't show through the grill.

8. Anthony

Anthony What's a Dremel?

That red looks cool :D :D

9. Manux

Manux What's a Dremel?

*Update*

10. (X)TORNADO(X)

(X)TORNADO(X) What's a Dremel?

:thumb: ... Next time put bigger pictures..

11. Manux

Manux What's a Dremel?

Um.. the word 'clickable' comes to mind, or do you want them even bigger than they are when clicked?

12. Manux

Manux What's a Dremel?

White Devil

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And in true modders style, i decided to also mod my jeans while I was at it!

[​IMG][​IMG]

How cool are those jeans?