1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding First true case mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by myname2, 25 Mar 2005.

1. myname2

myname2 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys, I am about to embark on my first real case mod, Im taking a stock beige case and turning it into something cool.... It is a gateway pc that I got from my grandpa, I already have lined out where my windows will be cut out, and I plan to paint it black, and I already have a cold cathode to put in it.. I will start a project log soon. Im considering many other things to do to it... I cant afford water cooling though :wallbash: Any ideas are welcome in this. thanx!

2. Visionism

Visionism What's a Dremel?

Black...windows...CCFL (I bet it's blue isn't it?) No offense but I always thought the point of modding a case was to make it stand out, not to make it look like all the other cases out there.

See, this is what I think is so nice about having windows and such as standard features on a case these days. To make your case stand out from the rest you have to think outside the box a little. Think of stuff nobody has ever done before. Think up something crazy, something weird, something nobody in his right mind would even consider doing to a computer and is possibly illegal in most southern states.

Once you catch yourself thinking "Hell no, thats a stupid idea" then you'll be on the right track. Good luck! :thumb:

3. myname2

myname2 What's a Dremel?

Lol, very true, thanx. the windows are going to be different from anything Ive seen before though, Ill have 2 going horizontally on the case. kindof like this = .

4. Critter

Critter What's a Dremel?

is that illegal in southern states?

5. myname2

myname2 What's a Dremel?

6. CREDO

CREDO What's a Dremel?

I think that was an attempt at humour..

I am about to go nuts on a gateway pc myself. good luck with yours.

7. myname2

myname2 What's a Dremel?

thanx, same to you! :D

8. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

sounds like your off to a roaring start! just renember to take plenty of pics.

9. pr0xZen

pr0xZen What's a Dremel?

I always thought a mod was about modifying an object to make it in some sort of way appear or function better in the modders eyes. :worried: Not in the eyes of everyone else. Heck, even If you had a neon green case with a window - and filled up the window and painted the case beige - If that was what you wanted - it would very god damn well be a mod.

My advice: If you want to do it because you want to - then go ahead and do it. Take on inspiration and ideas from others, but remember that at the end of the day - you are the one that's meant tp be satisfied with your mod.

Last edited: 26 Mar 2005
  10. meiv_4

meiv_4 What's a Dremel?

my first mod was to an emachines, painted it black.... put a red ccfl (only one ive ever bought that was acually red).... then i cut a window that was fireballshaped, with a fan with a dragon grill and hotrod style flames on the back. only did it because i needed cooling on my comp. this was before i had ever seen any comp modding. so if your doing it because you like it thats good. good luck, power tools are fun!

11. myname2

myname2 What's a Dremel?

I understand what you guys are saying, and I have thought of some things I would like to do to the case already. It will loook pretty sweet when its done!

12. CraZy

CraZy Cöstom úser tætel

do something like the moose mod :D

13. Visionism

Visionism What's a Dremel?

Well of course he should do whatever he likes with it. I was just trying to encourage him to be original.

Heres an idea. Viking mod. Paint a viking longship on the side and stick huge freakin' horns on it :hehe: