1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding MODDING to hit TV soon !

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mod_Man_1, 27 Mar 2005.

1. Ronin

Ronin What's a Dremel?

cool
    a show on modding! I think that would be great since TechTv is no more and Yoshi is gone :(

2. Mod_Man_1

Mod_Man_1 What's a Dremel?

HELLRAISER !!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

any other questions?

MOD Man 1

3. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

just one what happens when he solves the puzzle ?

4. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

Who ever made that rule?

5. grumblemarc

grumblemarc What's a Dremel?

Like it already ISN'T mainstream? I saw a system awhile back on QVC no less that had a window built into it and lit up with neon. Go into any computer parts retailer and all the basic stuff is there to be bought off the shelf.

Real customization will be appreciated by real modders. True there may be some "Fast And Furious" fallout that happened in the Import scene but who gives two cents about wannabees anyway?

6. 69X

69X What's a Dremel?

sounds pretty cool, what network will this be on?

7. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

What if we just wait?
    If the show is rubbish, it's bad and we won't watch it.
    But if they talk about more interesting stuff, give ideas and such, then it can't be _that_ bad.

I know, there's going to bee a noob rush on most of the modding forums,
    but how many of you has actually seen huge bit-tech link anywhere?
    SO the problem might mostly be on xoxide, whos link is on the -what-was-it-called- tv-shows frontpage.

8. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I totally agree with the above comment.

Putting something in the mainstream (like TV) normally entails simplifying things to the level of lamens terms so chances are you wont learn anything new as things will be too basic.

A lot of "here's one ive prepared earlier" which is totally pointless as the making process is more important than the final product.

And also the general rinsing of every penny that can be got out of all the "nooby" modders, which will also mean lots of sub standard quality "bolt on" products.

Correct me if im wrong but when something becomes mainstream a lot of the essence and reasoning behind it is lost. I'm sure your doing this for the right reasons and if you are the very best of luck to you :D

Will it be available from your website as not everone has 2000 cable channels?

9. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

My question was never answered.. where will it be aired?
    And my initial comment was saying that if it isnt going to be broadcast its not a tv show, not that if it isnt on TV right now.

10. Headspark

Headspark Minimodder

I emailed, asking the same qurstion, were and when, still no responce (2 days since)

11. Skutbag

Skutbag What's a Dremel?

And since when has the idea of more modders ever been a bad thing?
    Welcome one and all -- if the elitists want to keep it 'pure' they can keep themselves to themselves if they wish.

12. Mod_Man_1

Mod_Man_1 What's a Dremel?

Amen Brother. You tell them...

13. BrokeEnthusiast

BrokeEnthusiast What's a Dremel?

I dont think it will be on TechTV, there schedule is always covered with all these other random shows ( I think the only one that was worth watching was The Screen Savers)

14. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

I guess this program isnt UK, or it's sky?

- S

15. Stompy

Stompy What's a Dremel?

Q: What station(s) will I be able to watch this on?
    A: At this time, this is the pilot and will be made on DVD for direct purchase here on this web site. We will be using this pilot as well as any other episodes we do to sell the idea to networks like Spike, TLC, Discovery, TechTV, National G Science, and many more. We are already talking with many of them and hope to have a deal soon. If there is a particular station you would like it to air on, please let us know and feel free to contact the network yourself and tell them that this is a show that you would like to see on their network, they listen to their viewer more than the producers..

EDIT: BTW I just copied and pasted this from the site.

Last edited: 29 Mar 2005
  16. bobbo

bobbo What's a Dremel?

So what channel? Maby put it on the net too? Not every modder lives in the US

17. pcjabber

pcjabber What's a Dremel?

Hmm, interesting. I agree with the people that said that it is good and bad. The best of luck to you in creating a good show. If you wouldn't mind, before it goes to air, if you could post an MPEG or AVI here, at least a sneak preview? That way, the users here could help review it =)

18. Pezboy

Pezboy What's a Dremel?

I want to be on the show. I'll put a giant spoiler on the top of the case so it looks like I've turned my computer into a biplane. Then I'll slap on a bunch of NOS stickers, because everyone knows each sticker=+50MHz on the CPU clock.

I agree with most everyone else. If you bought your computer on QVC people will look at it and say, "Oh, it's one of those." If you put some work into it, you'll have a story to tell and they'll see the craftsmanship. However, one thing is for certain: Standard windows and CCFL's just wont cut it anymore.

19. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

Exactly! Need some LED fans! :hehe:

20. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Oi! :D Howabout parallel character LCDs then? Are LCDs good? :lol: