1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need to lose some

Discussion in 'General' started by Icecoldbagey, 28 Mar 2005.

1. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

lol, i think everyone is going through this stage at the mo. Ive dropped all fizzy drinks and replaced them with water, stopped the crisps and biccys instead ive a big bag of rasins or peanuts.

Also something i found the other weekend is i started work at 6am sat and worked till 11pm then went out clubbing till 3 ish. then started work again at 6am till 10 pm again. Was totally knackered (popped a few pro plus) then i slept all day monday but id also lost 7lbs. Not something i would recommend but it was a start.

edit: sex is ment to be very good to :rock: (don't take that as an offer :worried: just a suggestion)

2. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Yep, I'm on this shiz too, decided i'm too porky. Coke => water, snacks => fruit, situps and pushups every day til i get back to uni, then I can go to the gym every couple of days.

Anyone got any other suggestions for indoor exercises i can do til i get back to uni that'll be useful? Would like to tone chest, abs, and arms.

AH

3. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Depends on what equipment you've got at home to use but press-ups and sit-ups are simple but effective. For press-ups do sets of 20 with 60-80 second break between each set.

4. Cookie Monster

Ive got one of them electro toning jobbies. Its defined my tits quite nicely and the bonus is its done while im playing on my ps2, total genius.

5. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

19, 5'7 119 pounds. Doesn't matter what i eat, or what I do, I don't gain weight.

6. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

Eat regular meals (proper food not frozen pre-made shite), try to snack on healthy things but have the occasional choccy bar for energy. Walk to as many places as possible and don't be lazy around le house. That's a healthy enough lifestyle - to lose more weight take up more excercise :).

7. Spiral Architect

Spiral Architect Cooked on Phonics

I'm in the same boat. Although, i've put on a fair few lbs since I started weight training, but ideally i'd like to put on some more.

8. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

i used to be ickle, very skinny, and into gymnastics.

then i had a hudge dose of steroid (for asthma, when i found i had it) about 8 weeks. I grew about 1 foot, and have been a tubby bugger since then.

but I'm 6"5 now weighing 14stone, the problem i have is my arm that got electricuted has just no strenth, because it hurts when i do stuff. Damn physio's making me exercise it now :(

9. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

loosing weight is simple, all you have to do is make sure that your using more energy each day than your taking in. Eat good food and excersise but remember to do it safely. Cosult your doctor before you start anything major to get the ok for the go ahead but i understand who im talking to so just be sensible and remember if you excersise its going to ache :D

10. Mary Jo

Mary Jo oh lolz

I wouldn't worry over putting on just 4 pounds. Especially if it's over Christmas time. Hell, I can gain/lose half a stone over the course of the day.

If you're really worried, the answer is to eat healthily and exercise. Have cereal/toast/fruit for breakfast, some sandwiches/carbohydrates/fruit for lunch and maybe some meat/fish/veg/more carbohydrates like potatoes, bread, pasta etc. for dinner. Try to keep McDonalds and kebabs down to once a week if you can and stay off the sweets and fizzy drinks, Chocolate isn't so bad in moderation though.

As for exercise: try to fit it into your daily routine. Try walking to where you need to get to. 30 mins a day is good. Then try to squeeze in one or two 30 minute runs per week. Additionally, you can try to do press-ups and sit-ups, about 50 of each, per day. With a routine like this, you'll be a machine in no time.

Good luck!

Yeah? I thought those things were a bit of a gimmick.

11. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

ok guys this is what has happened today

1. woke up at 10 so just had lunch at about 12:30 which was 2 slices of bread with some low fat cheese and some low fat margerine (small amount)

2. went on bike ride and once i got there i had a macdonalds...now i know what youre thinking but all i had was a diet coke (small) and a mc chicken sandwich without mayo so it was just pure chicken,bread and lettuce. i then took my dog for i would say a 45 minute walk/jog/run lol changing throughout so would you guys say this was good or bad or ok? should i have anything more to eat?, Ice

12. Sanchos

Sanchos What's a Dremel?

Yeah, try to eat a bit more, more regularly, keeps the metabolism high. If you eat less frequently your body stores more as fat, so to prevent this eat every few hours some healthy choices, this combined with the cardio and your fat you wish to loose should fall off :)

13. offroadracer789

offroadracer789 What's a Dremel?

I gained like 10 pounds after wrestling season, and now i just keep a plate of strawberries or some other fruit in the refrigerator and just snack on that. I'm back at 135 now. I also do a 20 count nebraska(sp.) every day.

14. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Full-front-*******s*

Code:
    FFB {
      Press up
      Squat thrust
      Seal Dip
      <stand up>
      Squat
      Star Jump
      <lay down>
      Stomach crunch
      Sit up
    }
    Do a few sets of them every day and you'll soon see the effects. They hurt.

Another good exercise for arms is to hold a heavy-ish object (I normally do 5KG but without weights; a large text book, 4 pint of milk, whatever, will do) at arms length in front and/or to the side for 20-30 seconds at a time. Few of them. Rotate days with lifting from rest (in front or at your side) to horizontal and then back down. Few sets of 20 reps work wonders for your shoulder strength and definition.

*Illegitimate offspring of unmarried parents

15. K

K 528491

Or eat vegetarian food EVERY DAY :thumb:

Works for me.

16. KidModder

KidModder What's a Dremel?

ATKINS diet. My parents are on it and they enjoy it.

17. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

Wait you're 15? Get on a soccer field dude. [football]

18. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Update lol

ok today at 2 i had sheperds pie with steamed vegetables and then at about 7 i had 2 pitta breads with a slice of thin sandwich beef in each with about 2 slices of healthy living cheese...good or not oh and i did no excercise today :( , Ice

19. LockmanX

LockmanX What's a Dremel?

If you can, eat less more often. Six meals a day is good. The two biggest rules though, don't overeat and avoid soft drinks.

I did the same thing; ate when I got bored. Just start tinkering with **** or play a game. Hell, exercise a bit.

20. Cookie Monster

Yeah man they work, im post a pic but nipples are banned :hehe: