1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

thats sweet, and its the 1300th post in your thread! Congratz! :thumb: :jawdrop:

2. shplade

shplade What's a Dremel?

I reckon that if you covered the remaining PCI slot cover plates with the same red acrylic cover, it would really set the back of the case off, and make the whole thing look more complete.

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Cool! Very good idea with the red acrylic. IMO it might have looked better to put another bolt where the probe is and then put the probe dead-center between them. Just a thought.

4. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Next up make a chrome bolt for the Innovatek temp probe. I used a chrome 3mm LED clip.
    [​IMG]
    Threaded the LED clip with a M4 tap and then Dremeled off all the back section of the clip.
    [​IMG]
    so you basically have a chrome bolt.
    [​IMG]
    Screw it on the probe, finished..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Thats it for today.. :thumb:

Last edited: 17 Sep 2008
  5. modsquad

That is the plan shplade. It's on the to-do-list.. GOD is in the details.. TIME. believe it or not, I spent about 5-6 hours for that little mod..drilling/filing/tapping/polishing acrylic. The Aqua-Computer Aquaero VFD is on the horizon, I can see it through the fog & mist :hehe:

6. modsquad

I have to disagree this time Mr. Firehed. When I do the other blank PCI covers with two hexhead-bolts each, it will all look uniform. The sound card will take one of those PCI slots, not sure which one..

7. Firehed

Good point you make there... didn't realize you were doing the others. I just thought it looked a bit odd with the piece sticking out further than the bolt.

8. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

You keep amazing me with your level of details and new ideas modsquad. I like the idea of the ambient temp measurement a lot. Temps of the system don't mean much if you don't compare it to the temp from the room.

9. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

That is a-freakin-mazin this is an awesome job, and i have bn subscibed for a while... but wow.
    I cant wait to see the finished product.

10. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

finally updates... I don`t have any words for this case.. I tlook well in every little detail... very very very nice !!!

11. modsquad

That is the reason this project is taking so long to complete. Honestly I did not plan on doing the other PCI slot covers, but I like the look and will do the rest.
    No Aqua-Computer Aquaero display this weekend. Just not enough time. I still have one more temp probe to sleeve/shrink. The flat probe will be used to monitor the Eheim 1046 pump's temperature. The other, case temp..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 17 Sep 2008
  12. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

Sems you gona get al AC gear in that coolingsystem of yours :thumb:

Secondly, what are these screw sheelds cald?, they look fantastic! I have seen it on other builds and it never gets wrong :thumb:

Thanks!

13. modsquad

I am a little lost here, to be honest. Are you asking about the LED clips? They are some sort of pot-metal, chrome plated. Available here:
    http://www.frozencpu.com/ele-25.html
    Question answered Razor_cut?

14. modsquad

Thanks Franklin. I hope it will work, the probe is really designed to measure the H20 temperature of a Innovatek Hard drive cooler. I will also use one to check a "case" temp, so I should have some idea of temperature inside/outside the case.

15. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

Jupp, thanks!
    I was hoping u had find it in a local metal stor, with different sizes and so. But that will do. Thanks!

16. D3mon_Hunt3r

D3mon_Hunt3r What's a Dremel?

I can't add much more. I have watched all the project from the begining and it is amazing... :clap: :clap: I have a V2000B which i'm planning to do some modding, it will have Prommy and WC, As soon as i got the case i started of a red theme just like yours but the red acrylic details are just astonishing :jawdrop: . Excelent work keep it up. Waiting for more updates...

PS: You are a :dremel: Master :thumb:

17. monkeyharris

monkeyharris What's a Dremel?

just a quick question on the ambient temp probe, wont the fact that it is at the top of the case, above the oulet for the psu on the outside, and also all the hot air that has risen on the inside of the case, affect the accuracy of its reading quite a bit? i.e. make it read higher than ambient really is.

nice work on all the rest tho! looks top! :)

18. Firehed

Probably not by enough for it to be significant. Heat dissipates into the air pretty quickly, and it's a good 14" (I'm guessing) from the PSU's exhaust fan, not the two or so where you can notice it being warmer.

19. modsquad

I would agree with Mr.Firehed. I think the probe is far enough away from the heat generated by the PSU. That should not be a problem..
    Just a heads-up:
    I may not have time for the weekly update this go-around. I am slated to began painting BN's sister project Soylent Green over the weekend.
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=72728

20. Firehed

hey, if you're working on a project, it's all good :D