1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors New car suggestions wanted, fast but cheap!

Discussion in 'General' started by Ds3, 16 Sep 2004.

1. Ds3

Ds3 What's a Dremel?

Good to hear :D Went to test drive a 2.0 GTI Mr2 today and I have to say I was a little disappointed. It was quick, but not very - didn't feel that much quicker than my 1.4 16v corsa but I think that was partially down to the fact it wasn't very torquey, we did get to 80 rather quickly, it just didn't feel like it!

Will definately have to test drive the turbo version I'm sure that will be a whole lot more fun :D Prelude is still top of the list for now, but we shall see ;)

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Its not a Ferrari, but will do 140MPH and get to 60 in around 7.5 seconds, and as for not being much quicker than the corsa like you say it maybe didnt feel that much quicker, but I can assure you it was.
    It could do with more torque mind you.
    The other thing about the 2 is it's so much fun pushing it into corners, it'll do the sort of things a corsa could only dream of.

3. Ds3

Ds3 What's a Dremel?

Yeah that's about what I figured :) Obviously it was quicker than the corsa, but due tothe levels of torque it didn't really feel that much more which was a little disappointing, we certainly hit 80 a lot quicker than my corsa does! Didn't get the chance to really push it into the corners but I'm sure being rear wheel drive and mid engined it would be very fun :D Definately looking forward to test driving the Turbo ;) :D

4. RepLiKa

RepLiKa What's a Dremel?

300zx...tbh :dremel:

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

300ZX?
    they aint reliable, expensive in all areas, and eat fuel like oxygen.
    Nice car, but only if u can afford it.

6. Ds3

Ds3 What's a Dremel?

hehe yeah would be nice but I don't think running costs are realistic :rolleyes: They are group 18 insurance (or 19 if you get the turbo) and very high on insurance, never mind the petrol on a 3.0 V6 :eeek:

7. Ds3

Ds3 What's a Dremel?

Just test drove a prelude, first time I've been in one for 5 years and it was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D Testing an Mr2 turbo tomorrow, but I think the prelude is gonna win it as it's just so much more practical and economical when needed :) Good boot space, rear seats (just about), cheaper to run if you want as you can stay out the v-tec zone etc!

I'd forgotten just how nice it is when that v-tec kicks in at 5000 revs :jawdrop:

8. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Looks like i dont need to say anymore here :D
    Honda all way!

9. Ds3

Ds3 What's a Dremel?

Well, took a little bit longer than expected getting there but I decided the Prelude was definately the way to go :D Got my new baby on order form Japan and it will be here in 6-8 weeks.

It's a little older than I anticipated coming in at a 92 K, but it's exactly what I wanted, only has 40k on the clock and is in factory condition :) At a touch over £3k with a CAT1 alarm system installed on arrival you simply won't find a better car for your money :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. hardflipman

hardflipman What's a Dremel?

was gonna suggest a subaru legasy gtb. 280 horsepower. decent size, 4 wheel drive etc...

but you've gone for the prelude... nice car.

i'd have got one instead of my legacy if it weren't for the kid on the way...

11. Ds3

Ds3 What's a Dremel?

Yeah the legacy does look like a nice bit of kit, but I don't need the space really - no kids on the way or planned for a good few years yet so taking advantage of the fact while I can :D

Now I just have to wait out the 8 weeks before it gets here, grrrr. Am impatient now I've finally make my decision!

12. isabelle_g

isabelle_g What's a Dremel?

I used a thing like that called QuoteZone.co.uk only too about 1 minute to get all the quotes for me :rock:

13. isabelle_g

isabelle_g What's a Dremel?

I Used something like that to get my last insurance called www.quotezone.co.uk , you fill in your details and it gets you a load of quotes in about 2 minutes.. better than waiting 20 i think :rock:

14. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Err...? Ok... Talk about bringing up an old thread.

15. finboz

finboz What's a Dremel?

still not quick enough to take on my 1.8vti never mind a 2.2 lol :rock:

Tags: